Arctic Monkeys (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
:cheers2 I'm stoked that you have had your interest piqued, and since you were so enthusiastic about the song you heard on Pandora I'm positive you'll like a lot more of their songs just as much, or even more!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Yes Pandora has brought me a lot of cool music like the Fratellis and now these guys. :cheers2

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Listening to their first album now Tray. I'm really enjoying the beat on these songs, but for the most part they're relatively short! These guys definitely fall into the harder rocking end of the "indie" spectrum, not usually what people who aren't familiar with the genre think of. You like the Shins?

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Good stuff! Yeah they do fall into that end of the spectrum, especially so with their last two releases. Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme co-produced their third album and I think he must have inspired a rockier direction :)
I remember the widespread enthusiatic buzz over here when their first album was released. 'Whatever People Say I Am...' won critical acclaim and as far as I know remains the fastest selling British debut of all time!

I'm not familar with The Shins - do they have a thread here?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Hey Tray, yeah it's funny because when I first heard that song I posted I did think they had a sort of Queens of the Stone Age thing going on. I didn't finish the whole album yet though. I got a little distracted yesterday. :tongue: The Shins are a pretty spacey little band. I'm it sure that they compare to these guys at all but since we were discussing indie I thought of them, and I think they're at the Reading Festival this year? They don't have a thread here from what I know though.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have AM's first three albums and love them but the 4th album seems a little flat to me, I will buy it if it is cheap and I mean cheap:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online