Arctic Monkeys (Official Thread)

ANF

Reaction score
Re: The Offical Arctic Monkeys Thread

I like a few songs, but haven't really had the chance to truly get into them.... What would be three or four songs I must hear?

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I like a few songs, but haven't really had the chance to truly get into them.... What would be three or four songs I must hear?

Fluorescent Adolescent

Mardy Bum

I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor

Brianstorm

Crying Lightning

ANF

Reaction score

Thank you Trey :) I know that they say jump into certain albums, but I always like dipping my toes in the pool first than diving right in. I have heard "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" and forgot about it.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor was the very first song I heard by them when they were just breaking onto the scene, and I liked it straight away :grinthumb

Be sure to let us know if you get yourself any of their abums - will be interesting to see which one/s you went for!

ANF

Reaction score
I'm going to work my way backwards, I picked up "Suck It And See" for $7 on the strength of the three tracks I've been charting off it (Brick By Brick went to #2 on my personal faves chart about a month ago). Besides the three I knew coming into it (Brick By Brick, Reckless Serenade and Hellcat Spangled Sha-La-La), my faves thus far are Black Teacle, All My Own Stunts and Piledriver Waltz.

Should I skip Humbug and go back to Favorite Worst Nightmare? Seems like the third album is treated like a black sheep in their catalog.

Syd

Reaction score
I'm going to work my way backwards, I picked up "Suck It And See" for $7 on the strength of the three tracks I've been charting off it (Brick By Brick went to #2 on my personal faves chart about a month ago). Besides the three I knew coming into it (Brick By Brick, Reckless Serenade and Hellcat Spangled Sha-La-La), my faves thus far are Black Teacle, All My Own Stunts and Piledriver Waltz.

Should I skip Humbug and go back to Favorite Worst Nightmare? Seems like the third album is treated like a black sheep in their catalog.

Humbug is a special album, indeed. Because Favourite Worst Nightmare and Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (their first 2 albums) are in the same style of music, so people expected the 3rd one to be an improvemente along the same lines. But they changed so much from FWN to Humbug that it left everyone in shock. Jajaja. People blame Josh Homme for the new sound ... Which I personally didn't like that much. The songs are great and all, but I would listen to any of the other 3 albums before Humbug.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yeah ANF, I'd recommend leaving Humbug until last, but I do like that album and I didn't mind their change in style at all.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
I have wanted to hear 'Suck It and See' for a long while, just never really came around to grabbing the money. My friend says it's well worth it though. What does everyone else think?

LordJohn

Reaction score
I have wanted to hear 'Suck It and See' for a long while, just never really came around to grabbing the money. My friend says it's well worth it though. What does everyone else think?

It's good. Worth a buy. Def. their best since their debut.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online