Arctic Monkeys (Official Thread)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: The Offical Arctic Monkeys Thread

Havent heard any from the Arctic Monkeys...what would you guys suggest I listen to for starters? I'm pretty interested.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Give these a listen :)

Flourescent Adolescent (one of my favourites, along with Crying Lightning - posted above)

I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor

Mardy Bum

Teddy Picker

Brianstorm

My Propellor

Cornerstone

If you're thinking of getting an album and don't know which one, I'd recommend starting with their debut, 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Their fourth album, Suck It and See, will be released on June 6th (June 7th in US). Here's a taster from it:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

It's not bad is it! I've noticed a few Arctic fans on Youtube saying they don't like it, they don't like that they have changed their sound, but I think it's good to experiment and mix things up a bit, try new things. Lyrically I know it's weak but musically I think it's pretty good - liking the guitar work :) I've noticed it's a grower too - each time I listen to it I like a bit more :grinthumb

Syd

Reaction score

It's not bad is it! I've noticed a few Arctic fans on Youtube saying they don't like it, they don't like that they have changed their sound, but I think it's good to experiment and mix things up a bit, try new things. Lyrically I know it's weak but musically I think it's pretty good - liking the guitar work :) I've noticed it's a grower too - each time I listen to it I like a bit more :grinthumb
That's the bad thing about the latest releases of Arctic Monkeys. I liked their first album from the first moment and every song was a blast for me since the first second. Then the second album was great too. I loved most songs and only for a few a needed some time to get to like them. Humbug was different. I liked liked two of them and still trying to like the rest. And this new albums seems to be going in the same direction. But I'll give the song another try, didn't quite catch my attention the first time. And ARctic Monkeys used to be one of my favourite bands. Now they're just a band with some rocking two first albums. Like Oasis.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^^ Great performance too :)

That's the bad thing about the latest releases of Arctic Monkeys. I liked their first album from the first moment and every song was a blast for me since the first second. Then the second album was great too. I loved most songs and only for a few a needed some time to get to like them. Humbug was different. I liked liked two of them and still trying to like the rest. And this new albums seems to be going in the same direction. But I'll give the song another try, didn't quite catch my attention the first time. And ARctic Monkeys used to be one of my favourite bands. Now they're just a band with some rocking two first albums. Like Oasis.

I know what you're saying, and it's always great when you can listen to something and like it immediately, but I've got a lot of favourites (both songs and albums) that have been 'growers' too.

I remember first hearing Arctic Monkeys and it was like a blast of fresh air, and I have always loved their lyrics. The city they are from, Sheffield, is practically just up the road from where we are so all their place references and the local dialect they use means something and has always amused me.

I've seen a lot of hate dished out to Josh Homme for 'messing up' their sound on Humbug, but I totally disagree with that (but then I am a big fan of The Homme :)). I actually like Humbug, and my favourite Arctic's song is from that album 'Crying Lightning'.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online