Architecture In Helsinki!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
In between playing at the Sydney Opera House as part of a national tour, The lads and lady of AIH teamed up with awesome Swedish producer Bjorn Yttling for a remix of "Contact High":

Contact High (Bjorn Remix) by Architecture In Helsinki on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Now, normally remixes are a dirty word on a count of the ludicrous amount of dirty bass in most of them, but this is different. This is quality music being remixed by a quality musician, and the result is a sleeker, more polished sound. The bursting energy of the original is replaced by more of a dramatic, epic feel, and it still keeps the glorious pop sensibilities that make AIH so delicious. I would even go as far to call this remix an improvement on the original! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hey Sal, as part of my word on our deal, I finally got this:

itecture_in_Helsinki_Moment_Bends_Hi-Res_Cover_Art.jpg

Tell you what dude! I actually like it and I like it a lot better than what I remember while browsing through your thread. Listening to it in my car it's just a fun vibe and it's cool hearing all the different sounds they looped together. Give me some time to soak in different songs and set them apart and I'll post my favorites in here! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Sal, I've determined my favorite. The Denial Style song screams a cross between Prince and Ray Parker Jr. (Ghostbusters baby :grinthumb)! I love the female vocalist in this group by the way. Now while the song gets repetitive after the first verses it's definitely a great dosage of funk in a pop song and I love the little various beats and sounds that come out throughout the song (1:57 to 2:13 is a unique and cool soundbite) :grinthumb

[GROOVESHARK]29658681[/GROOVESHARK]

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
They've got heaps of influences, one of the main attractions for me is the variety they bring to their music! :grinthumb

Denial Style is actually one of my lesser favourites from the album, it's funny how that works out! :heheh: Debbie is one of my faves though, there's such huge energy and wackyness that I can't help to sing and dance when I hear it! :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
BOOM BAM AND WHATNOT, et cetera!

There is a new album on the way and a new song and it's been really quiet and I don't know why because I'm kind of excited and and my avatar is from an old music video of theirs and and AIH ARE BACK! :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online