Architecture In Helsinki!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
132blog_pageimage1132423434.jpg

Who are these weirdos? You're probably asking right now. Well these weirdos are just about my favourite Australian band at the moment. From the famous suburb of Northcote in Melbourne, their music is triumphant, electronic, wistful, carefree, experimental, energetic and cute. It's electronic pop with two lead singers, a horns section and more emphasis on sound than structure. I don't truly know how to describe them but it's some of the most fun I've ever had listening to music!

The 5 piece band consists of Cameron Bird, Kellie Sutherland, Jamie Mildren, Gus Franklin and Sam Perry and so far they have released 4 albums:

Fingers Crossed (2003)
Fingers%2BCrossed.jpg

In Case We Die (2005)
In%2BCase%2BWe%2BDie.jpg

Places Like This (2007)
KqCjDMIWolf2isu6dIVUSZvbo1_400.jpg

Moment Bends (2011)
itecture_in_Helsinki_Moment_Bends_Hi-Res_Cover_Art.jpg

And some of that oh so gorgeous music:

I hope you have a smile on your face as big as mine is now :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a band that has a lot of fun with their music Sal.

Not sure I would make a steady diet of their music but when you are feeling the blues or want a lift this kind of band is just what the doctor ordered.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Exactly! They always manage to put a smile on my face no matter what, and that's pretty much the main reason I listen to music in the first place! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I had to laugh at the band photo you posted though...that is just too funny.:lmao:

But it let's you know what you are getting into.:cheers2

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
:heheh: I spend ages trying to find a good photo the last time I attempted this thread, then tonight I saw that one and thought "Yep, that's them all over!" :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I like this! I haven't gotten into enough electro-pop lately, but I think this band'll be one i'll look into more.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I like these guys from what I hear Sal! They remind me of Modest Mouse in certain songs like "Like It Or Not" which is consequently my favorite of the songs! :grinthumb Fun stuff! :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I actually thought this was a thread on the architecture of Helsinki Finland!

:heheh:

OK I will be checking these out and get back to ya on my favorites!! :cheers2

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
^^ They actually played Finland and Norway in 2007, and the band had this to say about it: "When we were in Norway at the end of last year there were a few Finnish interviewers who came to interview us mainly about the name. I think they were quite perplexed. To us, the name means having to answer many questions and inquiries about the name, which I guess, is entirely understandable."

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online