Apocalyptica (official thread)

Oblivion

Reaction score
Went to one of their concerts here in Belgium... The playlist was well balanced between the newer songs and the older metal covers... Great gig... But not the same as 10 years ago.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Very awesome band. Love these guys and their talent.

Their metallica covers are pretty amazing as well.

opera races

Reaction score
Oh, I LOVE Apocalyptica! They're one of the few "newer" bands I'm into. I played cello in jr. high/high school and have a thing for cello. About the only rock band I knew of with cellos was ELO which was why I got into ELO in the first place.

I discovered Apocalyptica pretty much by accident. Years ago I was at a store looking through some Metallica CD's ... I got into Metallica late and didn't have a lot of their CD's at the time. I guess someone slipped in the Plays Metallica By Four Cellos CD ... maybe even someone at the store since it was a Metallica covers album. This looks pretty cool/interesting, I thought, and I bought the CD. Here's one of my favorite tracks from it:

Weird I kinda forgot about Apocalyptica for awhile then a few years ago found out they were playing a show near me. I did my research and discovered they had put out quite a few albums since the Metallica CD including their own original material! I bought a s/t CD, Reflections and Worlds Collide which was their "new" album at the time. I really enjoy the original instrumental pieces more than the songs with the guest vocalists. Their instrumentals are so full of feeling and emotion you don't need anyone singing over them! Strictly IMO.

Faraway is one of my favorites of Apocalyptica's instrumentals:

I also like Quutamo:

The show I saw was EXCELLENT! - though I sense they were catering toward the American audience and Metallica fans. I think they did play Quutamo. It was all good!

I saw Apocalyptica again a couple weeks ago. Again, great stuff :hb: I don't actually go to all that many live shows but Apocalyptica are on my must see list when they come to town!

Oh, one of my friends I shared some Apocalyptica videos with said, "I will never look at a cello the same way again!"

Harkat

Reaction score
^^^^
What is your opinion of their music with and without drums?

I haven't listened to all their stuff but from what I have heard, I prefer without drums,

Harkat

Reaction score
Personally I prefer these guys without the drums. Four cello's creates a unique and distinct sound whilst drums brings a rock/metal element into their work that causes it to lose that unique sound.

Harkat

Reaction score
Very nice MP!
I need to get more of these guys
apocalyptica.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I dig this:

Broken Pieces

I used to listen to Flyleaf a lot, so seeing the vocalist from them combined with this band is pretty ok in my book.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online