Anyone know the Artist or title to this song?

Reaction score
I’m looking for a late 70’s rock song however it could be early eighties. I remember it was playing on the radio around the same time as Sammy Hagars “Plain Jane”. I don’t know the artist or title but here’s a portion of the words and chorus;

Must be fate we ran into each other,
even though you came here with another,
I don’t mind,

‘cause there’s still the night to
steal away, lose your shadow, baby steal away,
leave him home, find a reason, baby steal away

Oblivion

Reaction score
Are you certain about those lyrics??? I tried them and didn't come up with anything..

Reaction score
I'm about 95% sure about the lyrics, the timeline I'm not so sure about, it could have been on the playlists earlier than the late 70's. I lived in Southern California at that time and this song was played on KMET. I have searched for it for a very long time with no luck.

Reaction score
"How Many More Times?" by Led Zeppelin is the only track I know with the "Steal away, baby" refrain.

The song isn't Zeppelin, I'd recognize that, thanks anyway. This song would most likely be a "one hit wonder" I was thinking of emailing a few of the DJ's who worked at KMET in that time frame and trying that route, has any one gotten any responses from DJ's when searching for hard to find songs?

Reaction score
BTW I've searched You tube and several other lyrics search sites and have had no luck. Somebody has to remember this song, it's just a matter of coming in contact with them. It's been so difficult trying to locate this song that its become kind of a quest for me to find it, I was hoping may be someone on this forum would recognize the song from the lyrics

zoose

Reaction score
I was trying to find what I thought was an Aldo Nova song once
called a radio station played some notes on the guitar
had them stumped but apparently they enjoy such snipe hunts - got back to me that it was Fire on High by ELO
- try that route
if they can identify an instrumental they can identify this too

Reaction score
I was trying to find what I thought was an Aldo Nova song once
called a radio station played some notes on the guitar
had them stumped but apparently they enjoy such snipe hunts - got back to me that it was Fire on High by ELO
- try that route
if they can identify an instrumental they can identify this too

Yeah Zoose the radio station is the next step. I've haven't had much luck with them answering me back in the past though (apparently quite a few people emailing them) Any way I'll definately try that route, in the mean time I'm still hoping someone on here may recognize the song. BTW Like the avatar-I'm a Stargate fan too! A new run off series should be out next month on SciFi.

zoose

Reaction score
I meant play some notes from the song - most forget lyrics but always remember a good tune
thats my picture from when I was in Apophis and His Jolly Jaffar
you may have heard our single "I Wanna Put a Snake in Your Mummy"
we opened for GWAR

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.