Anyone know anything about Rumer (Sarah Joyce)?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Rumer was on daytime TV today, singing Hall and Oates' Sara Smile. She seemed a plain girl with an effortless voice, who was, unlike the modern trend, substance over style. Perhaps the material helped, but I do not know. Wiki says she was born in Pakistan, lived in the New Forest and had a relationship with **** Winwood's son. She seemed a breath of fresh air. Anyone know anything about her or her music?

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Rumer - Anyone know anything?

I like the song but didn't know there was some hidden history to it BE..

I thought you were just quoting the verse to the song..:heheh:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score

No, I don't think I have ever heard her before and just wondered if anyone knew anything about her music. There are usually quite a lot of contributions to threads on other girl singers. Here she is:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Oh!! I get it.. I thought you just miss spelled Rumor but had no idea there was a singer behind that song.. I'll just leave now knowing I was mis- informed and spoke too soon!! :peek

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score

You don't have to leave, Slip. Her real name is Sarah Joyce, which seems perfectly sensible, so I am not sure why she calls herself Rumer. According to Wiki, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughter is also called Rumer.

Perhaps a moderator could change the thread title to 'Anyone know anything about Rumer (Sarah Joyce)?'

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Done. :grinthumb

I may have heard of her, though I'll admit when I first saw the thread title I thought "Rumer Willis sings now?" :heheh:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Goodbye Girl official video. I heard this on the radio and it prompted me to post. It was written by David Gates.

I understand there is new album on the way.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Rumer has been compared to Charlene Soraia. I am not sure if I agree, but this is Soraia's moving performance of the song from the Twinings Tea advertisement.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I hear her singing P.F. Sloan quite a bit, which I quite like. The song has a bit of a country feel about it. I'm not sure if P.F. Sloan was a musician, though they wrote songs "Eve of Destruction" being one of the main ones and the song was written by Jimmy Webb.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.