Anybody subscribe to Qriocity.?

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Ive never heard of this thing and when checking it out, couple of bucks for basic. Ok, can live with that, BUT just what the hell do you get with that.? just what kind of "music" do you find when they mention "6 million songs"? Do YOU get Whitney Houston singing the national anthem 2,659 times, not to mention all the really cheap stuff one would find in a barrel at your local car wash for 99cents.????

At least with this other music service (there tons of others but I dont subscribe to them) you can actually play stuff off their web site before subscribing and also can see what they have on their catalog, unfortunately DONT go looking for Ac/Dc, Ted Nugent, Led Zeppelin or Bob Seger... its not there, well it is, but you have to buy the stupid things or have fun listening to a 30 sec snippet of them... Not Cool.. but that the RIAA for you.

anyway.. these guys say 30 day free trial... yeah right, give US your credit card.. me, dont think so...

If anybody here does subscribe to the music side of this, let me know just what kind of stream they have (@kpbs), if they have the bands that I mentioned above and if its really really worth it...

Thanks..

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I don't know but the last one I used was Rhapsody and they let you stream for free too. I always thought that was standard but I'm not 100% sure. :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The only online music service I ever used (and paid for) was yahoo's music, back when it was called "Launch" or "Launchcast". Then it went away because they got bought out by someone. Since yahoo music came back, I haven't even looked at it.

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Its hosted by Sony, and I really hate to drop the web site... just to show what Im looking at, NOT to promote it in anyway...

Qriocity - Home

I was watching recent episodes on Hulu.com, (This Ill promote fully) and well you do have commercials, and this commercial went floating by, but, you cant back-pedal on them so I kind of missed it, but this is what is was.

And as you can see, their pretty tight lip about their music, even the movies as well, so the only conclusion is that "Everything" they have is all Sony, only. I have no clue who owns Sony.. to what labels belong to Sony or what studios. I think itll be a BIG pain in the ass trying to track down that information and go from there... Ill pass.

I suppose the only thing to do is, is to eMail them to find out any at all... if possible to what they have. *shrug*

Im still not going to give my credit card to them for anything till Im more than 100% satisfied with it, maybe. IF they want to get me a free subscription to give any reviews on their service, Illl be more then will to accept it. maybe.

To Soot and Stars:
That was what I was talking about... but beats the hell out of me why they cant still stream those bands that I mentioned before, they can still put a *not for to go service on them... They have them (if your lucky) on that artist radio, sounds good, but dont know why they cant stream them like all the rest...). *shrug*

CREAM'd

Reaction score
It's on the PS3 if I'm thinking right,I've always wondered if it was worth a look at myself.

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Buy music..?? Do you know how really dumb that sounds..? Just how many times am I "FORCED" to re-buy that same album over and over because of whatever.. dont give that cop routine that was on south park when the boys were "illegally" downloading songs.. a great majority of songs that Ive been looking for are well over 25 years of, and frankly who the hell plays them anymore.. and those were the "hits" at that time... If I was that artist I would be at least grateful that "somebody" still finds a great interest in a song that I wrote eons ago, even tho it was "illegally" downloaded..if I had a legal document of this album, what are they going to do me.?

But this is going off topic..

Last time I bought a legal copy of any album(s) from download they were "The Lost Cues from the Charlie Brown TV Specials Vol 1 & 2" by the late great Vince Guaraldi, and were off this web site that I have a account for and when I played it back... "who the hell ripped this?" No way it was constant kps and the sound was all over the place. I guess I should of paid the 3 extra dollars for a factory copy... and ripped them right the first place who knew. Yeah, I know its a better value when it comes to downloading, but hell cant these people rip them right.?

Now if I was to ever do this again, its going to be 192kps (if possible) and cost no higher then what Time-Life charges for a song.. box sets divide price to number of songs... it comes around to 86 cents. Thats what they all should be... people would be buying far more music if that was the case... but they (RIAA) dont think so.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I must be really DUMB then,because I still pay for my music,well there you go then.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online