Any Good 2000's Rock bands

Cash4Life

Reaction score
Trust Me, I know there are some good 2000's rock bands, but I'm having trouble finding some.

I usually like listening to 70's-90's Punk Rock/Hardcore Punk music. I recently developed an open mind and I listen to many other styles of music. A few years back, I really didn't think there were any good rock bands from the 2000's. That was pretty close minded since I only listen to punk rock music and I wasn't a fan of the mainstream that much.

I like some 2000's bands that are well known like The Hives and Queens of the Stone age, but most of the other stuff from the 2000's I hear isn't that good. I despise Nickelback, Creed, Puddle Of Mudd and Stained (basically any post-Grunge band except for the foo fighters). Wasn't a fan of nu-metal or rap metal. I don't like modern emo music.

I just wanna hear a great rock band without bullshit. Without them sounding too generic and too mainstream. I just wanna say "wow, now that's a rock band".

Any recommendations would be sweet. Plz and Thank you.

Also, I don't wanna sound mean or offensive for bashing some of the bands and styles of music that I don't like. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't think any less of you if you like music that I'm not a fan of, that is your choice and I respect that

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well I'm huge into modern bands and artist so let's just limit to one year! This is my ongoing ode to 2013! There's plenty of Rock in here but it includes all genres! If you are truly fishing for something new you are bound to find music similar to your taste! :grinthumb

My 2013

Randy1961

King Of Floriduh
Reaction score
Trust Me, I know there are some good 2000's rock bands, but I'm having trouble finding some.

I usually like listening to 70's-90's Punk Rock/Hardcore Punk music. I recently developed an open mind and I listen to many other styles of music. A few years back, I really didn't think there were any good rock bands from the 2000's. That was pretty close minded since I only listen to punk rock music and I wasn't a fan of the mainstream that much.

I like some 2000's bands that are well known like The Hives and Queens of the Stone age, but most of the other stuff from the 2000's I hear isn't that good. I despise Nickelback, Creed, Puddle Of Mudd and Stained (basically any post-Grunge band except for the foo fighters). Wasn't a fan of nu-metal or rap metal. I don't like modern emo music.

I just wanna hear a great rock band without bullshit. Without them sounding too generic and too mainstream. I just wanna say "wow, now that's a rock band".

Also, I don't wanna sound mean or offensive for bashing some of the bands and styles of music that I don't like. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't think any less of you if you like music that I'm not a fan of, that is your choice and I respect that

Two Cow Garage
The Gaslight Anthem
American Aquarium
Lucero
The Hold Steady

Dr. Love

Reaction score
Ohio, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
I despise Nickelback.
:cheers:

Since you provided the passcode phrase, I present to you the best little known secret in rock, Clutch.

The first video is from their 2004 album, and the second is their 2013 album. No bullsh!t. Enjoy.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online