Annihilator (Official Thread)

Nora

Reaction score

th?id=HN.608001574954994625&pid=15.jpg

Annihilator is a Canadian thrash metal/groove metal band founded by the vocalist, guitarist and bassist Jeff Waters. The band was formed in 1984 and is the highest selling heavy metal artist in Canadian history, although most of their sales are outside of the band's home country. Their first two studio albums, Alice in Hell and Never, Neverland, are considered masterpieces of Canadian heavy metal.

Biography

Canadian metal band Annihilator is the lifework of guitarist Jeff Waters. Founded in 1984, the band took the metal scene by storm with their debut 1989 release “Alice In Hell”, upped the ante with 1990’s “Never, Neverland” and finished off their 3-record deal (Roadrunner Records) with “Set The World On Fire”. While most late-80’s era metal bands disappeared, Annihilator went on to forge 9 more studio cds, dvds and live releases, all consistently selling well and remaining true to the heavy metal cause.

Tours with everyone from Judas Priest to Pantera to Trivium plus dozens of headlining tours, festivals around the world have been going on since 1989 for this band; no rest for the wicked. In 2003, Dave Padden joined the band as vocalist and eventually took on the role of guitar player as well, a la Hetfield. Dave has sang on the last 4 studio releases and has now etched his name in stone as a top front man in the biz.

Jeff Waters and company tear through each release with honest, raw power and energy, along with excellent technical skill and a live show that is considered one of the best in the business. Annihilator has given the metal world a sound that is one of the clearest, most tasteful mixture of huge, metal riffs with the idea of the perfect song. In fact, many non-metal acts and musicians cite Waters and Co. as huge influences in their rock/metal careers.

http://www.annihilatormetal.com

Discography

Alice in Hell (1989)
Never, Neverland (1990)
Set the World on Fire (1993)
King of the Kill (1994)
Refresh the Demon (1996)
Remains (1997)
Criteria for a Black Widow (1999)
Carnival Diablos (2001)
Waking the Fury (2002)
All for You (2004)
Schizo Deluxe (2005)
Metal (2007)
Annihilator (2010)
Feast (2013)

Songs

Alison Hell

Wicked Mystic | Live At Masters Of Rock DVD

Never, Neverland

Kraf Dinner

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Kind of embarrassed to admit it but I don't know anything about Annihilator...:blush:

I'll listen to the vids when I have time, usually I'm not a big fan of thrash metal, with a handful of exceptions of course.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
The first 2 are thrash classics.Ive nearly all of their discography.Very good band

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Annihilator - Feast (2013)
61BFDN3NQTL._SY300_.jpg

Demon Code
Removed dead video

One Falls, Two Rise

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Such a great band. Deserves more attention.

Here a song from their first album - Burns Like a Buzzsaw Blade

:grinthumb

E-Z

Reaction score
I was into ANNIHILATOR around 1999/2000 and thrash metal in general as well and as far as ANNIHILATOR goes I had all there earlier cds from Alice In Hell (1989) through to Carnival Diablos (2001) plus a couple of dvds.

Jeff Waters is up there with Eddie Van Halen from that 1980s & 1990s era as far as I'm concerned.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online