Anneke van Giersbergen (Official Thread)

b.o.b.

Reaction score
I decided to introduce you to a beautiful lady: Anneke van Giersbergen. I know and appreciate her since she was the lead singer of the gothic doom dutch band The Gathering. A few years ago she left the band and started a solo project named Agua de Annique. The style is very different but her beautiful voice makes her still irresistible to me. She also sings in many other rock/metal projects with Ayreon, Moonspell, Devin Townsend, Within Temptation or Danny Cavanagh from Anathema.

agua-de-annique-appelpop-tiel-06.jpg

Official Website

Studio albums
Air (2007) - lead vocals, piano
Pure Air (2009) - lead vocals, piano
In Your Room (2009) - lead vocals, keyboards, piano, guitar
Everything is Changing (2012) - lead vocals, piano, guitar
Drive (2013)

Split releases
In Parallel with Danny Cavanagh (2009) - lead vocals

With Ayreon
Into the Electric Castle (1998) - vocals and lyrics for character Egyptian in "Isis and Osiris", "The Decision Tree (We're alive)", "Tunnel of Light", "The Garden of Emotions", "Valley of the Queens" and "Another Time, Another Space"
01011001 (2008) - vocals and composition of vocal melodies for character Forever "Heart" in "Age of Shadows (We are Forever)", "Comatose", "Beneath the Waves", "The Fifth Extinction", "Waking Dreams" and "The Sixth Extinction"

With Devin Townsend

Studio albums
Addicted (2009) - lead and backing vocals
Epicloud (2012) - lead and backing vocals

With The Gathering

Studio albums
Mandylion (1995) - lead vocals
Nighttime Birds (1997) - lead vocals, guitar
How to Measure a Planet? (1999) - lead vocals, guitar
if_then_else (2000) - lead vocals, guitar
Souvenirs (2003) - lead vocals, guitar
Home (2006) - lead vocals, guitar

Maybe, when you need a quiet moment, you will enjoy too some of her songs:

Anneke van Giersbergen & Agua de Annique - Wonder (official music video)

Anneke van Giersbergen & Agua de Annique @ Giel, 3FM Radio

Within Temptation & Anneke van Giersbergen - Somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Anneke van Giersbergen

Out of all the groups listed I only have one c.d. and that was Within Temptation but I loved what I heard B.O.B.! :grinthumb My favororite songs were the first one and by far the third one! I love her voice against sparse arrangements as it's her voice that shines. In vid #3 I think I'd like that raw studio performance better than anything they are likely to turn it into for a album version. The only quibble I have is with her talent I was so excited about her cover of Blowers Daughter and I felt underwhelmed afterward. I'm a HUGE fan of the original artist Damien Rice and for a song so emotional she kind of phoned in the performance IMO. That being said I would definitely buy her recent work! :grinthumb

b.o.b.

Reaction score

One of my favorite The Gathering songs:

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Out of all the groups listed I only have one c.d. and that was Within Temptation but I loved what I heard B.O.B.! :grinthumb My favororite songs were the first one and by far the third one! I love her voice against sparse arrangements as it's her voice that shines. In vid #3 I think I'd like that raw studio performance better than anything they are likely to turn it into for a album version. The only quibble I have is with her talent I was so excited about her cover of Blowers Daughter and I felt underwhelmed afterward. I'm a HUGE fan of the original artist Damien Rice and for a song so emotional she kind of phoned in the performance IMO. That being said I would definitely buy her recent work! :grinthumb

I'm glad that you like her. In my opinion her solo career is not as good as The Gathering years. Her new style is not quite my cup of tea but I still follow her releases.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You perked my interest when you mentioned she was part of Arjen's Ayreon projects. I'll check her out later, thanks for thread B.o.b.:D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I listened to a few of the songs in the first post, and I have to say, this I like! Really beautiful ambient music, I'm going to have to listen to more when I'm not falling asleep at my chair! :grinthumb

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

Ooh, I like what little I've heard from The Gathering, I never knew she left the band though, gutted about that :( I'm intrigued by this solo project too, so will look at those vids when I get chance :)

b.o.b.

Reaction score

The new album from Anneke with more catchy tunes:

97-1326739759.jpg

And two brand new videos:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^
I just listened to the above album and it started out really poppy then went into an Evanescence, Within Temptation direction. I looked it up and found out she had a lot of associations with that sort of music (sang alongside Within Temptation, Ayreon, etc.). Then I looked up the Gathering group and they sound just like those group as well. Then I vaguely remembered a thread with a chick like this that was created! Then I found out it was because I checked the thread out and liked what I heard! Then I bumped it! :D

Circles

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online