Angus Young or Keith Richards?

Angus Young or Keith Richards?

• Total voters

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Technically Keith Richards isn't that great of a guitarist and you could rank a number of players ahead of him including Angus. But Keith is king of the riff. No one has produced more riffs that developed into great songs than Keith, no one.

I would say Chuck Berry is the king of the riff, but the two were great friends... and definitely influenced one another, both being so grand on the rock scale.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would say Chuck Berry is the king of the riff, but the two were great friends... and definitely influenced one another, both being so grand on the rock scale.

Well stated @Cadleson! The riff King award goest to Chuck Berry. However, no one, not even Keef took the riff to places that Hendrix did.
:bow:

Interesting though, a 3 note riff of 1958 was banned from the radio it was so bad ass...

Link Wray - Rumble.
:tup:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Oh, Caleb, Gale are you serious!? All the world knows about (un)holy trinity from the Riff Temple: Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi and Angus Young.icon_exclaim.gif

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Oh, Caleb, Gale are you serious!? All the world knows about (un)holy trinity from the Riff Temple: Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi and Angus Young.icon_exclaim.gif

They are the unholy triumvirate of rough, hard, metal riffs. :tongue:

Actually, you could say that Angus is one of the best blues guitarists...

Mr. Berry was first, and you could argue that he was the reason behind most of the riffs in rock that you hear up to today... one way or another. So many players adopted a lot from him, and not just guitar! That much is certain.

You could say that the unholy trinity of yours above is the unholy trinity of most recognizable and gargantuan riffs. Can we get an acronym for that? :D:gig

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, you could say that Angus is one of the best blues guitarists...

:nw:

You have to go way back to name the best......like BB King, Howlin Wolf, Musdy Waters, John Lee Hooker, etc. without them you wouldn't have Angus ;)

Modern day, yes, I would say Angus ranks among the best blues guitarists along with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, and Joe Bonamassa. Just to name a few.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score

You have to go way back to name the best......like BB King, Howlin Wolf, Musdy Waters, John Lee Hooker, etc. without them you wouldn't have Angus ;)

Modern day, yes, I would say Angus ranks among the best blues guitarists along with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, and Joe Bonamassa. Just to name a few.

Yes, I should have said among the modern rankings. :tongue: You're absolutely right.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Well stated @Cadleson! The riff King award goest to Chuck Berry. However, no one, not even Keef took the riff to places that Hendrix did.
:bow:

Interesting though, a 3 note riff of 1958 was banned from the radio it was so bad ass...

Link Wray - Rumble.
:tup:

Yes, I should have said among the modern rankings. :tongue: You're absolutely right.

well well hmmm didn't think Keef wouldn't top the poll :wtf: Angus is a dam great player... you two have made some great musicians in fact awesome ones:bow::bow:

CRAZY-HORSE

Reaction score

all great blues guitarists but I would also add Buddy Guy in the mix also.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online