5. "Never Let Down" – 3:58
6. "Your Rules" – 2:27
7. "The Song" – 4:17
8. "Make Sex" – 0:44
9. "Totally Stupid" – 4:30
10. "Really in Love" – 4:42
11. "The End of Our Lives" – 4:49
12. "I Love Music" – 4:19

Andrew W.K.'s "The Wolf, released in 2003, was the followup to his successful debut album "I Get Wet". Originally titled "Blow Your Bone", which was changed because it was deemed too graphic, "The Wolf" is strikingly different from the hard, party rock of his it's predecessor. While Andrew had originally made a name for himself for his filthy image, straight forward rock, and heavy hitting hooks "The Wolf" is a much deeper, ornate endeavor. Some highlights to the album are that Andrew handled all the instruments and vocals on the album himself (as opposed to "I Get Wet" where most of them were divide up between studio musicians), that the lyrics were strikingly insightful and uplifting, and that his previously straightforward style of songwriting was given considerable amounts of depth, taking full advantage of dynamics and tempo changed, layered vocal harmonies, and orchestra styled musical arrangements blended with hard rock.
Despite being such a drastic shift "The Wolf" was still successful in it's own right and is in fact Andrew W.K.'s highest charting album and spawned two singles "Tear It Up" (which is one of the couple songs that retains a semblance of his party rock sound) and "Never Let Down".

If I may set aside a personal opinion, I believe "The Wolf" is not only a highly overlooked album, but very possibly the most uplifting hard rock album to be released in recent memory.

Some tracks that I would like to highlight:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Andrew W.K. ~~~ The Wolf

I came across this review when looking for an Andrew W.K. thread to link in my album collection thread. I still think you should make an official one for him. :D I own "I Get Wet" but it looks like I'll have to purchase "The Wolf" now! I LOVE "I Love Music"! It gets me pumped! Great review! :cheers2

rtbuck

Reaction score

I'm glad this got bumped up. I missed it before. I really lliked I Get Wet & now I have get this one! Nice job Cosmic!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I just now realized that this thread was bumped at one point. I was just thinking to myself "You know, it's a shame no one posted in that review" out of the blue. Low and behold, it just took a year for people to notice it. :heheh:

I came across this review when looking for an Andrew W.K. thread to link in my album collection thread. I still think you should make an official one for him. :D I own "I Get Wet" but it looks like I'll have to purchase "The Wolf" now! I LOVE "I Love Music"! It gets me pumped! Great review! :cheers2

I might make an official thread for him at some point. We'll have to see if I get around to it though. Glad you liked "I Love Music" though Sooty because that's my favorite song on it. It's so easy for someone such as myself to identify with the lyrics. :D

I'm glad this got bumped up. I missed it before. I really lliked I Get Wet & now I have get this one! Nice job Cosmic!

Thanks Bucky. I can always count on you to pick up the some of the same sort of albums that I do. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online