• 2: Bad

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 1: Awful

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Yeah I find that absolutely ridiculous Mud, there is no excuse if you are asking someone to step up and replace Burton then show them some respect...Hetfield and company should feel ashamed for treating Jason that way.

Then you get the Metallica fan boys who say that Newsted was nothing special etc and all that shit.
Personally I find him to be a better bassist then Burton was playing wise. Flotsam and Jetsam Doomsday for The Deciever showed his playing and writing skill.
Just a shame Metallica never gave him a real shot and just looked at him as a replacement and not a true member. All you have to do is watch Some Kind of Monster to see how they truly are.

I lost respect for Metallica after the Napster bs because they just became greedy corporate whores at that point and reading how they were to Jason made me really question how they were with Mustaine because yes he was thrown out for his alcohol, but also it seems like he would not take their shit and was thrown out so they could find a pushover in Kirk Hammett.

4 classic albums (kill em all up to and justice for all), one great album (black album), 1 good album(death magnetic), 2 okay albums (load, reload), one piece of shit (st anger), but still they are assholes in my eyes regardless of the quaility of music they put out.

The way they handled Mustaine and not trying to get him inducted into the band when he had lots to do with their success (writing 4 songs on kill em all and 2 on ride the lightning) and how they handled Newsted was just pathetic. The napster thing made me loose respect for them and hate them as individuals.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^From the last info I read Mustaine and Metallica have put the past behind them and are on speaking terms now.

That in no way excuses the heavy handed way Hetfield & Lars treated their band mates over the years, especially considering Hetfield had to go into rehab himself not too many years ago.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
^^From the last info I read Mustaine and Metallica have put the past behind them and are on speaking terms now.

That in no way excuses the heavy handed way Hetfield & Lars treated their band mates over the years, especially considering Hetfield had to go into rehab himself not too many years ago.

Oh yea they are on speaking terms and that was evident during the big 4 concert when Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Dave Lombardo (only one from Slayer went on stage) played Am I Evil? together. Mustaine hugged everyone from Metallica so that showed it was burried.

I agree LG. I think it was very hypocritical in the end how they tossed him out for his issues and honestly that probably made his abuse worse if you think about it since his family life was complete shit and they were his family. There are alot of what if, but honestly it is great we have both Megadeth and Metallica because I think Metallica would have imploded eventually with Mustaine in the bad.
I am a bigger Megadeth fan since the music is much more intricate then what Metallica has done.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Oh yea they are on speaking terms and that was evident during the big 4 concert when Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Dave Lombardo (only one from Slayer went on stage) played Am I Evil? together. Mustaine hugged everyone from Metallica so that showed it was burried.

I agree LG. I think it was very hypocritical in the end how they tossed him out for his issues and honestly that probably made his abuse worse if you think about it since his family life was complete shit and they were his family. There are alot of what if, but honestly it is great we have both Megadeth and Metallica because I think Metallica would have imploded eventually with Mustaine in the bad.
I am a bigger Megadeth fan since the music is much more intricate then what Metallica has done.

I couldn't agree more with all the points you have made. Hetfield and Ulrich even treat Hammet as though he is not quite on their level.

In the end I love their early stuff but they are major assholes and greedy sellouts who I lost respect for a long time ago.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with all the points you have made. Hetfield and Ulrich even treat Hammet as though he is not quite on their level.

In the end I love their early stuff but they are major assholes and greedy sellouts who I lost respect for a long time ago.

I do like Hammett I have to say. He is the nicest one out of the band (not saying much, but he is genuine unlike them.)

Newsted and Hammett def got a bad deal. IDK how Rob is treated, but we will see eventually.

IMO they threw out Mustaine not because of his substance abuse problem (they all had one then lets be honest), but because he was impossible to control unlike Hammett.

I honestly love their old stuff and still play it like crazy.

Great band with asshole leaders.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In St Anger I recall Lars saying Kirk couldnt do any solos because of trends, to me thats just trying to control and restrict Kirk, that was bullshit.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I would change mine from a 9 to about a 7. Still has superb song writing but it is never going to get a 10 unless they remaster it to sound far thicker and better bass.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
loved this the day I bought it back in '88. Maybe my 5th or 6th fave Metallica release. I mustof played this album a thousand times on cassette, vinyl, and cd. I never tire of it, although these days I like to skip songs around, usually play the title track last cause it's kinda kills the momentum of the album. Love the rest, and all of side 2. I wouldnt change a thing about the production, as I've grown accustomed to it even though I wouldnt mind hearing more Jason in the mix. I know exactly what they were trying to do on that album with the guitars so messing with the bass would just make a mess out of the guitar sound. So I'm at peace with it, I enjoy it for exactly what it is. Just listened to Doomsday For The Deciever yesterday and was thinking how Jason joining Metallica changed both bands immensely.

I voted 9-superb, but I think it's a classic 1988 metal album.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online