Super Moderator
Reaction score
Superb album, big fan of it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the lack of bass you hear in the album sucks, like Ride the Lightning too.
One and Frayed Ends of Sanity stand out for me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Classic. The only thing I hated about this album was the production sound since they decided to **** with Newsted. The songs are great though. Their last great album is this one.

Yeah I find that absolutely ridiculous Mud, there is no excuse if you are asking someone to step up and replace Burton then show them some respect...Hetfield and company should feel ashamed for treating Jason that way.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I find that absolutely ridiculous Mud, there is no excuse if you are asking someone to step up and replace Burton then show them some respect...Hetfield and company should feel ashamed for treating Jason that way.

Agreed, plus I feel bass players in general and their impact in a band is very underated. People dont often recognise they go great in sync with the drums and especially rhythm guitar.
Newstead deserved better treatment then that.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It can make all the difference in how a band sounds...I really miss it when the bass is cut back so the "Diva" guitarists can hog the limelight, they are complimentary not exclusive to each other.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Watched a doco how Bob Rock told Metallica they didnt manage to produce the quality live that they did on the Justice album.
I disagree I think it was the other way around, the live shows you could hear James Newsteads bass at least.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Back in the late 60's and early 70's the Who were Way better live than on album. More than any other band they were responsible for improving the sound of a live concert, and John Entwhistle laughed when he described how he had to keep adding more and more amps and speakers to keep up with Moon and Townshend, so he could hear himself playing.

I love bass guitar always have and always will.:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.