Amplifier-The Octopus

joe

Reaction score
l_bc76073d20b144158645410df31843a3.png

From Manchester, England, this album was released in 2010. This album covers all bases from space rock to proto Black Sabbath metal via grunge to that of Soundgarden. To put a label on this album is impossible. Heavy prog/space-psych/doom/grunge/alternative/indie though the title of space rock is more confined to thier lyrical content though there is passages and elements of Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree. An comparison can be made to that of fellow Manchester band Oceansize.

A double CD clocking in at two hours of an adventerous trip to different planets from the rock galaxy. A few tracks doesn't really give a retrospect on the music contained on this album. One must hear the entire piece to have an appreciation for the long ride of this CD.

amplifier-the-octopus-cd-1.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Sounds intriguing to me Joe, I like space/prog rock, I'll put them on my list and see if I can purloin a copy.

joe

Reaction score
An intriguing album LG. I think it's gonna take me about six listens to take in this eclectic endeavor.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^When it comes to music, patience is a virtue...well almost always.:D

joe

Reaction score
I think it's one those albums that you have to stick with and you'll be rewarded. Two hours, one must be patient. I need lots of work on my patience.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I swear I have seen that cover somewhere before,,,but I can't remember if it was in here or in my travels around the net...:think:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^I swear I have seen that cover somewhere before,,,but I can't remember if it was in here or in my travels around the net...:think:

I have seen that album cover around a lot of review blogs and almost DLed it awhile back ( I have a thing for 8 legged slimy creatures :heheh: ) but never did. I like the music but the vocals are a bit too laid back and bit too emotionless for my taste .Gonna DL and give a more through listening.
Seems like a grower....

Sounds pretty cool so far :grinthumb

anymore psych/ space/ prog rock ? Doesn't have to be super heavy

joe

Reaction score
^^^I'll post up some more for ya Wolf. Space rock encompasses quite a broad range from space stoner to neo-psych/dream pop/space rock. I think I know what you're looking for.:think:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Well yeah, even a few doom bands have a bit of space rock mixed into their music..
I'm familiar with the different styles just looking for some newer rocking bands I haven't heard... You can rule out any pop. Not a fan :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online