Amaran's Plight

Dreams

Reaction score
0000002-3.jpg

If you haven't heard of Amaran's Plight...then your missing out on a real prog treat. Take a look at the band lineup below.

DC Cooper (Ex-ROYAL HUNT, SILENT FORCE)
Gary Wehrkamp (SHADOW GALLERY)
Nick D'Virgilio (SPOCK"S BEARD, KEVIN GILBERT, TEARS FOR FEARS, GENESIS)
Kurt Barabas (UUNDER THE SUN)

Amaran's Plight on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Not too shabby, pretty good actually......wish there were more videos to check out, though.

97987_photo.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I know all those artists from their original bands, I'll keep my eyes open for their albums Dreams.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
DC Cooper is an awesome vocalist. I know him from Royal Hunt, which has some fantastic ballads

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Royal Hunt is a great band, Andre Andersen is a keyboard wizard, I have almost all of their albums and managed to get Sox and Tray and even LOU to check them out.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
yes he is....I love keyboard driven bands :) Infact, I am spinning a Royal Hunt album now

royal-hunt.jpg

(Cooper isn't the vocalist for this album, though)

:oy:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I know DC Cooper more from Silent Force then The Royal Hunt though my good friend really likes RH I haven't really listened to them.

I like this stuff as progressive rock , for some reason if I hear stuff like this and it is classified as Progressive Metal I tend to ignore it. I guess I need to just listen to it for what it is rather then what others claim it to be.

Good video ,I will looking into them.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have obtained Amaran's Plight debut and it may be a disappointment to you DKW. It has a couple "cheesy" ballads and most of the music is nothing more than prog rock, but for the most part the album is pretty good.

I will get it uploaded to grooveshark so I can share the links :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I like progressive rock. I listen to almost as much progressive rock as I do metal and more of it then I do progressive metal.

As far as ballads go I don't think all ballads are cheesy ,just the cheesy stuff :heheh:

From what I've heard I think I will like it ....I don't see the songs posted as anything other then prog ROCK, anyway. But yeah, go ahead and share ...
You could be right :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good sound.....D.c Coopers vocals come across real good ! Not familiar with SILENT FORCE..D.K.W.......I will have to check them out

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online