Allow Free Speech

Khor1255

Reaction score
I know the idea here is to keep the focus on our common interest in music but as a freedom loving individual I can't help but be disgusted by the absolute Draconian crackdown on opinions not accepted by the establishment media/globalist cabal.

If the mere suggestion this sight not be so restrictive of opinions not sanctioned by our oh so benevolent overlords and groupthink mongers is appalling to the moderators than I kindly ask you terminate my membership because I don't want to be a part of this creeping totalitarianism that is consuming the whole world in the name of a twisted perception of equality and social justice.

This rot is the direct inverse of both of those concepts.

Thanks for the site and I did enjoy my time here. Take care.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
You could have just been less vague with your message instead of this pseudo-intellectual rambling showering yourself in self-praise and actually get to the point (which for all you've posted in this condescending mass of text, is the censorship, I take it) but sorry you feel this way. You seemed to have good taste in music and I wish you actually did "groupthink" since you never commented or liked on anything else anyone else posted and just posted dryly. Maybe next time, message an admin directly about something like this, instead of embarrassing yourself the way you did. You should humble yourself more.

Besides, the admins are not to blame for the censorship. I'm sick of them being blamed and fingers pointing at them after all they do around here, when the site owner has control of some features beyond the admins' authority.

Sorry for my bitterness, but the admins deserve better, and groupthinking doesn't apply when you don't involve yourself with a "group", by the way. The biggest flaw anyone can do around here is not get to know the few active members there are, how special and knowledgeable they are about music. The admins too.

Last edited:

Khor1255

Reaction score
In what way was I vague? You're throwing an awful lot of insults my way for someone who I don't believe I've ever interacted with up till this point.

So if I get you right, instead of opening up this question for community feedback by making a thread about it I should have messaged the admins directly because ...
why? Because that's the way you would have done it?

Duly noted.

I really don't get the bit about groupthink though. Do you care to elaborate?

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Great thread matter here, and I find it sometimes complex... as others opines determine the posts they make. I can only offer how I feel and can surmise only about others on these boards. So... shoving my five cents in- I was surprised and greatly miffed at the censorship that was instilled here last Summer and made my thoughts clear on another thread. After several months thought, I decided to return... with the angle.. " by depriving myself of a life's love which is music, is only allowing this awful repression to win"
So I came out the shadows and returned, and when suitable or feel the inclination - I demonstrate my unhappiness via a song, newsclip or picture.
I have noticed others do this also, some like me jump in - size 9's and all... some more subtlty with a Barclay James Harvest tune.. each to his/ her own I say!
From a music and arts perspective I am confused at the site owners thinking here - given that 99% of the music derives from African S.lave rhythms and early blues songs. These are direct reflections of struggle and protest... be it political, racial, s.exual etc..
So by banning the word M.ick from the name Jagger... who is being offended or protected here?
It's woke white guilt - and this reflects as, a type of thinking... not just on this music site, but in the home, grocery store and at work and play. In my humble opinion this has little use on a computer site that exists and profits from artistic expression... which is driven entirely by that 'very thing itself'
I don't care what hole you like to shove it in - in the bedroom, whether you kneel or bow to whatever God or the colour of your skin....
-Classic Rock Forum surely is based on the medium of music, and the discussions that take place because of it... remove and edit this... you have no site.
I realise that the 70s Guy and Sharp etc.. have their hands tied-and my full respect goes out to them, and with thanks also.
Whether the actual owner of this place reads, reacts and answers to his members....remains to be seen, but the way it's going and the fleeing patronage, I fear tumbleweed and dust.
Ian.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I think you captured some of what I wanted to say more humbly than I did.

The core of intelligent human communication is free dialog. The easiest way to deescalate a potentially deadly human conflict is through free unfiltered speech. People in favor of free speech understand that some hurt feeling are necessary so that we might understand each other before words come to blows.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
In what way was I vague? You're throwing an awful lot of insults my way for someone who I don't believe I've ever interacted with up till this point.

So if I get you right, instead of opening up this question for community feedback by making a thread about it I should have messaged the admins directly because ...
why? Because that's the way you would have done it?

Duly noted.

I really don't get the bit about groupthink though. Do you care to elaborate?
I'm sorry. I was too harsh and emotional with my post. It's me who should humble myself. Nai worded it much more eloquently and nicely. I just felt you reminded me of someone who was what I was describing who was on this site before, but you are not like that, so I was wrong to come across that way. You are just well-spoken.

I was also being bitter as a result of people not interacting with other members when posting or being active in general. I just wish more people were sociable, this place would have more life to it. And Khor, we have made threads like yours. This small community cannot really do much or have a say since we don't have administrative capabilities... We can voice our disapproval and discuss it, but not much will happen.

And by the way, the admins do a lot, but have nothing to do with the censorship. They can try to talk to the site owner, but he is never really online.

Sorry. Understand if you loathe me. I hope you decide to stay and post more of your music tastes.

Khor1255

Reaction score
No I do not loathe you at all. Quite the opposite. We had a potential disagreement so you said your piece and I said mine. The worst result here would have been either continued misunderstanding or no one replying at all.
This was not meant as an attack on the admins or the site. Like I said, I have enjoyed my time here. It is just frustrating to be constantly reminded of how very wrong the state of the western world has gone in pursuit of once noble and supremely good ideals.

Limiting or curtailing free speech in any way is something that should be taken very seriously. Sorry if I come off like a **** bringing this up again.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
No, you are good. This is just being willfully aware of the world as it is becoming. Yes, it should be taken seriously. This world is steering in a direction that promotes this, for sure. Here in the USA, much of what we were founded on is being nullified and completely against our constitution... It is almost like a nightmare. Soon we will be asked to show our papers?

But I do hope something can be done with at least limiting what is censored... Maybe just extremely ****** words, obviously? Censorship automation is never a good idea because it will overextend itself and block things that aren't even inappropriate (hence, Mick) let alone it's just bad to begin with even when watched over by an individual.

Alas, I do think more money is to be had in this, or perhaps being "canceled" or sued for anything these days is a looming threat for business owners, including site owners too?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EffieLafor

Members online