All Time Lows

Big Generator

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
hmmm.
can't say as I am but I think I'll call it a timeless classic just in case!

And you'd be right!

Oh what else....do you like "Xanadu" by Olvia Newton-John and ELO? Slight departure from the usual timeless classics ...but it was a big record at roller-discos.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
when I've been really bad, my friends tie me into a chair and force me to watch the movie.

we did have a really cool roller disco out here called "Flippers"
I think Cher owned it, they spent a bazillion dollars on it just before the disco bubble burst. it was all Art Deco and the best place to hear "Xanadu" so I haven't listened to it since it's been torn down.

Big Generator

Reaction score
I'll burn you a CD if you like...the Timeless Classics Collection....

Mmmm...maybe I'll kick it off with "Yes Sir I Can Boogie" by Baccara.

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
B0000009UZ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0002IQFEU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0000C7PQS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

As big of a Costello fan as I am, I wouldn't mind seeing all existing copies of these albums incinerated in a bonfire.

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
B000006N4L.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"Pipes of Peace" and "...Broadstreet" are probably worse, but I don't have those and don't plan on getting them. Paul's voice is shot here from incessant touring, half the songs are sung by other members (probably because they're so poor that Paul couldn't even bring himself to sing them) and the production on most of the tracks sounds like it was recorded down a well.

B000003BK5.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Devo releases a big dumb dance album with almost no redeeming qualities.

B000007QEL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

They should have called this "Boredom At The End Of The Tunnel." Straddling a line between adult contemporary and unexciting goth rock.

B000850JP8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The final nail in the coffin. So sad. Rivers getting "emotional" again, but this time with annoying Hallmark card lyrics and too slick production.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Martin Q. Blank said:
B0000009UZ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0002IQFEU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0000C7PQS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

As big of a Costello fan as I am, I wouldn't mind seeing all existing copies of these albums incinerated in a bonfire.
I liked Goodbye Cruel World. However, I heartily agree on the other two. Nothing I want to hear again there.

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
I liked Goodbye Cruel World. However, I heartily agree on the other two. Nothing I want to hear again there.

There are about three songs I like on GCW, but on the whole, all the demos are better than the finished versions.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online