Alice Cooper's "The Nightmare" finally being released on DVD!!!!!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Alice's new album drops next week, but here's another great release to look forward to:

ALICE COOPER To Release 'Welcome To My Nightmare Special Edition' DVD In September

Alice Cooper's "Welcome To My Nightmare Special Edition" DVD will be released on September 8 via Eagle Rock Entertainment. The DVD features the 1975 TV special "Alice Cooper: The Nightmare", now available on DVD for the first time, along with the 1976 "Welcome To My Nightmare" concert film.

Aired on ABC in the U.S., "Alice Cooper: The Nightmare" showcases every song from the legendary "Welcome To My Nightmare" album, which had just been released at the time. With Cooper taking on the role of Steven, and Vincent Price serving as The Spirit Of The Nightmare, this special was a unique introduction to his new album, drawing fans even further into the dark fantasy.

Melding horror, theater, and rock music, Alice Cooper's "Welcome To My Nightmare" was a stage show the likes of which was never seen before. Hits and classics songs like "School's Out", "Only Women Bleed", "Billion Dollar Babies", "Welcome To My Nightmare", "No More Mr. Nice Guy", "I'm Eighteen" and "Department Of Youth" were backdropped with giant spiders, skeletons, a cyclops, and the voice of horror royalty Vincent Price. This groundbreaking theatrical presentation scintillated, horrified, and thrilled audiences, delivering an experience unlike any concerts at the time. He truly brought spectators into a living (or unliving) nightmare, and they loved every minute of it.

The combination of the "Welcome To My Nightmare" concert film and "Alice Cooper: The Nightmare" TV special demonstrates the true genius of Alice Cooper. He is beyond music, and beyond horror — Alice Cooper is an experience, who continues to frighten and thrill audiences to this day.

Track listing

"Welcome To My Nightmare":

01. The Awakening
02. Welcome To My Nightmare
03. Years Ago
04. No More Mr. Nice Guy
05. I'm Eighteen
06. Some Folks
07. Cold Ethyl
08. Only Women Bleed
09. Billion Dollar Babies
10. Devil's Food
11. The Black Widow
12. Steven
13. Escape
14. School's Out
15. Department Of Youth

"The Nightmare":

01. Welcome To My Nightmare
02. Devil's Food
03. Some Folks
04. Only Women Bleed
05. Cold Ethyl
06. The Black Widow
07. Years Ago
08. Department Of Youth
09. Years Ago (Reprise)
10. Steven
11. The Awakening
12. Ballad Of Dwight Fry
13. Escape
14. The Awakening (Reprise)

This is excellent news. I remember renting “The Nightmare” on VHS back in the day and have been wanting to own a copy ever since. I know this a double release, with the live show too, but I wish they’d release the DVD with the original “The Nightmare” cover.

The original “The Nightmare” cover:

The_Nightmare_VHS_cover.jpg

The cover of the new DVD release:

Attachments

• alicecooperwelcomespecialeditiondvd.jpg
    alicecooperwelcomespecialeditiondvd.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 8

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members