Alex Lifeson - Beneath Between & Behind solo VS Jimmy Page - Living Loving Maid solo

Alex Lifeson - Beneath Between & Behind solo VS Jimmy Page - Living Loving Maid solo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ANTHEM

Reaction score
A fun comparison because to me it seems Rush had "ripped" from Zeppelin on this.

Last edited:

ANTHEM

Reaction score
Alex Lifeson
I'm surprised anyone voted for Alex not only because Page is a bit more popular, but because Alex seems to have ripped or at least borrowed from Jimmy on this. As a matter of fact I extended The Jimmy Page video to show how similar both pieces really are especially towards the end. I still think Alex is the greatest over all though:):bow: Then again musicians are always copping off of those who came before them and for example listen to ace of spades from motorhead and this particular rush song and it seems to me that motorhead might have copped just a bit but just increased the tempo a bit and made it a bit more modern sounding/less zeppelinish.

Last edited:

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
I voted for Zep because the Rush one sounds more like a riff than a solo to me.

That's Heartbreaker, not Living Loving Maid btw.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Jimmy Page. That Alex solo is simply a riff extended a few bars while the Page solo has progression.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online