Aldo Nova (Official Thread)

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Sirius XM channel 19 reminded me of this song around three years ago after not having heard it in a while. Yet another favorite of my mom's it was recorded by French-Canadian synthesizer player and guitarist Aldo Nova who made it all the way to #3 on the US Mainstream Rock charts in 1982 with "Fantasy."

I must admit, I probably wouldn't look as good in a leopard-print jumpsuit. :heybaby:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I finally got a copy of his debut a few months ago. He was also a session player in Blue Oyster Cult when they were going through personnel changes in the late 80's.

I have no comment about how you'd look in a leopard print jump suit Dairenn...:nw:

:grinthumb

album-aldo-nova.jpg

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
I didn't know that. What did you think of the album? What was your favorite song on there or was "Fantasy" truly his best recording?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^His self titled debut is by far his best record, it's the one I posted the picture of. I like "Ball & Chain" and there are other good songs on there as well.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
For those that may not know, Aldo Nova played guitar on the original Bon Jovi self-titled debut album

Bon_Jovi_Album.jpg

As well as played guitar and keys on Jon Bon Jovi's solo effort

220px-Jon_bon_jovi-blaze_of_glory.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I got turned onto to Aldo Nova from "Fantasy" being used in the final episode of Rob & Big a few years ago.

The only songs by Aldo that I'm familiar with are from his debut. I know he's done a lot of songwriting and producing for other (mostly pop) artists of the years as well as put out his own music though.

Though I have to wonder why in the video for "Ball and Chain" that LG posted it says that the song is "Fantasy" in the beginning and end.... :think: :heheh:

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
I didn't know that about Aldo. I wonder what other session musicians that turned into solo recording artists? I was told Hall & Oates started like that, but I'm not so sure.

Mr. T

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Aldo, especially the first album so giving this thread a :bump:

Two more from him I like.

Hot Love

Blood On The Bricks

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Wow , I thought I was the only one who liked Aldo Nova..PURE 80's if ever there was any ..good stuff !!

Exactly, it's textbook 80s cheese if ever there was any; absolutely fantastic.

The music video to "Monkey on Your Back" is probably the best thing he ever did :heheh:

Also, "Lay Your Love on Me" off his third album, Twitch, is an absolute gem, but YouTube doesn't seem to have it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online