Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
agalloch.jpg

Agalloch
Agalloch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Genres - Folk metal, doom metal, black metal, post-rock, post-metal, neofolk, progressive metal

Full-length albums
Pale Folklore (The End Records, 1999)
The Mantle (The End Records, 2002)
Ashes Against the Grain (The End Records, 2006)
Marrow of the Spirit (Profound Lore Records, 2010) [6]
The Serpent & the Sphere (Profound Lore Records, 2014)

Band Members
John Haughm − vocals, guitar, drums
Don Anderson − guitar, drums, keyboard
Jason William Walton − bass guitar
Aesop Dekker − drums

Not Unlike The Waves

Limbs

In The Shadow of our Pale Companion

Absolutely love this band. They combine numerous different styles of metal on different albums with their own unique sound. Having bought a couple of their albums I was enthralled by what the music did each song. Pretty much have to say at least progressive fits what type of style they have. I recommend this band to anyone who enjoys bands with a nice mixture of different styles of metal.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Real good stuff man! Great instrumental parts that don't overdo the I'm a scary vampire demon vocal. When they do that it doesn't bother me but I almost find it unnatural and comical! :tongue: I appreciate it as a whole though! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Real good stuff man! Great instrumental parts that don't overdo the I'm a scary vampire demon vocal. When they do that it doesn't bother me but I almost find it unnatural and comical! :tongue: I appreciate it as a whole though! :grinthumb

:grinthumb Glad to hear.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I loved the first 3 albums, particularly "The Mantle" and "Ashes Against the Grain", but I didn't really get into "Marrow of the Spirit". They've just released a new album, or are about to, I'm curious to hear it!

Last edited:

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Agalloch for is one of those bands that just never disappoint. They've just released their newest album "The Serpent & the Sphere" and I'll admit that it took a few listens for it to really grab and sink in. Beautiful album and a great addition to their lofty back catalogue. I really love the spacey/cosmos nature theme they've got going on.

Stand out tracks:

One thing I've always loved about this band is their dark/neofolk stuff.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new album Serpent and the Sphere is amazing. They seem to do each album with a unique sound to it and good variety. Love the lengthy songs mostly but the interludes are neat also. Think for any starter you can't go wrong with any album from Agalloch frankly.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I hate it when songs are longer than 10 minutes, but here it actually works for me since it's packed with many great moments lol

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol Just curious but why do you hate longer than 10 minute songs? Opeth and bands like this have heaps of them.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
lol Just curious but why do you hate longer than 10 minute songs? Opeth and bands like this have heaps of them.
Well you see I don't necessarily hate them, I guess it really depends on the band. Some can pull it off and others fail. I can listen to most Opeth stuff. But then there are other bands I listen to (especially doom metal) that have very long songs that seem to drag out and seem a bit unnecessary to me.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online