AFI (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
b81c228348a0ebdcac203110.L.jpg

Official Website

Answer That and Stay Fashionable (1995)
Very Proud of Ya (1996)
Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes (1997)
Black Sails in the Sunset (1999)
The Art of Drowning (2000)
Sing the Sorrow (2003)
Decemberunderground (2006)
Crash Love (2009)
Burials (2013)

Alrighty then.....I thought we had a thread for AFI (A Fire Inside), and I looked and looked and looked and looked, cause they have a new album/CD out now that I'm pretty excited about.

Oh well....either I'm starting a second thread here or a brand new one. Either way, no huge introduction.

Kinda hard to believe that these guys have been around about 20 years now already!!!! Don't you younger rockers feel old??

Beautiful Thieves

Girls Not Grey

AFI-band-dug04.jpg

tumblr_inline_mq5avb7fYa1qz4rgp.jpg

AFI.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
So for me starting with "Sing The Sorrow" and followed by "Decemberunderground" these guys have two awesome albums! "Crash Love" was a misfire in my opinion but they've come back strong with Burials! I love the single "I Hope You Suffer" and the closer "The Face Beneath The Waves" the most on it! :grinthumb

M_AFIBurialsArtwork.jpg
I Hope You Suffer & The Face Beneath The Waves

The album mixes all the elements of the three albums since they broke through and it works. It's as dark and rock oriented as "Bring The Sorrow" with the epic feel and polish that "Decemberunderground" brought with just the right amount of the electronic pop flourishes that "Crash Love" had.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Sooty!! Gonna listen to these again, and will try and pick up a new CD today, if Best Buy has more than two in the store that is.

:bonk:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
So I listened to the new CD yesterday, yeah I got it, and it's pretty damn good :grinthumb

I know you didn't really care all that much for their last album Sooty, I mean I liked it ok, but this one is much better for sure.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online