Aerosmith sales up 250%

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I liked the first Rock of Love, when I actually believed it was real. Then they had Rock of Love 2, and that killed it for me. Was there a 3 and 4 Rock of Love? How many true loves does Bret, Maybelline, Micheals have? I can't stand the jack ass urban cowboy. Oh ****! What if they made Urban Cowboy II staring Bret Maybeline Micheals! Oh Jesus!!! Please...I'll go to church, I wont jack off and have impure thoughts, I'll say my rosary, just please don't give us an urban cowboy II staring Mascara Micheals...and for the love of god, don't have Aeropop do the soundtrack. Suicide is a mortal sin. I don't want to burn in hell forever.

They had third season called "Rock of Love Bus" where they traveled around on a bus instead of the mansion. It was actually really funny! He seems to want to be on anything that will get his face out there. He hosted VH1's top hard rock songs and I FF'ed over him! :heheh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Despite being a rabid Poison fan growing up (hey I was born in 1980), I never watched any of the Rock of Love junk. Not even the first season.

As you'll notice if you read some of my posts, I don't want musical artists who I enjoy listening to doing tv, acting, writing or other outside interests.

Nor do I want them retiring and enjoying the quiet life while I sit home stewing over the lack of new music or concerts from the artist.

I want them in the damn studio or on the damn road. Period.

I don't even want them sleeping with their spouses if it interferes with the mixing schedule or cover art brainstorm sessions for the upcoming record! So I sure as heck don't tolerate tv show contracts, radio broadcasting gigs or bigger ambitions such as those that leave the fan (me) hungry for news regarding the band, the next album and the next tour.

I like productivity, I like drive, I like RESULTS!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Despite being a rabid Poison fan growing up (hey I was born in 1980), I never watched any of the Rock of Love junk. Not even the first season.

As you'll notice if you read some of my posts, I don't want musical artists who I enjoy listening to doing tv, acting, writing or other outside interests.

Nor do I want them retiring and enjoying the quiet life while I sit home stewing over the lack of new music or concerts from the artist.

I want them in the damn studio or on the damn road. Period.

I don't even want them sleeping with their spouses if it interferes with the mixing schedule or cover art brainstorm sessions for the upcoming record! So I sure as heck don't tolerate tv show contracts, radio broadcasting gigs or bigger ambitions such as those.

I like productivity, I like drive, I like RESULTS!

See the thing with me is I love awesome music but can't help but watch awful tv. :heheh:

I don't mind Steven Tyler on Idol at all and it doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
See the thing with me is I love awesome music but can't help but watch awful tv. :heheh:

I don't mind Steven Tyler on Idol at all and it doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

I own dvd seasons of Saved by the Bell, Full House, Home Improvement and Fresh Prince, so I also enjoy awful tv. Just of the sitcom variety.

Doesn't bother my opinion of Tyler that he is on the show. It is smart business, as evidenced by a 250% increase in catalog sales.

But I get incensed with the idea of Aerosmith being put on hold while the tv gig is going on. Regardless of what people think of the quality of their music nowadays, I want them making music. Not twiddling their thumbs and wasting time.

People think it is cool that Ted Nugent, Dee Snider, Bret Michaels or Alice Cooper do reality shows or host their little own radio shows. But I get pissed at them for it thinking about how they could be throwing that same time and energy into making an album.

I am a fan of a given musician because of their music and that's what I want. I don't care to see them branch out into other fields, even if it is better for their personal and professional development. That ain't my problem! :)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I own dvd seasons of Saved by the Bell, Full House, Home Improvement and Fresh Prince, so I also enjoy awful tv. Just of the sitcom variety.

Doesn't bother my opinion of Tyler that he is on the show. It is smart business, as evidenced by a 250% increase in catalog sales.

But I get incensed with the idea of Aerosmith being put on hold while the tv gig is going on. Regardless of what people think of the quality of their music nowadays, I want them making music. Not twiddling their thumbs and wasting time.

People think it is cool that Ted Nugent, Dee Snider, Bret Michaels or Alice Cooper do reality shows or host their little own radio shows. But I get pissed at them for it thinking about how they could be throwing that same time and energy into making an album.

I am a fan of a given musician because of their music and that's what I want. I don't care to see them branch out into other fields, even if it is better for their personal and professional development. That ain't my problem! :)

Saved by the Bell and Fresh Prince. Probably seen every episode of each at least 5 times.

I don't mind an artist branching out. Look at Roger Daltrey. He's a pretty good actor! He was cute on That 70's Show too!

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Saved by the Bell and Fresh Prince. Probably seen every episode of each at least 5 times.

I don't mind an artist branching out. Look at Roger Daltrey. He's a pretty good actor! He was cute on That 70's Show too!

Grrrrr. It's all about the music.

If I am a viable, veteran recording artist, I'd rather sell 25,000 copies of a new studio album I worked on for 18 months that flops than an extra 150,000 copies of my greatest hits collections sold because I was on tv for 4 months.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Grrrrr. It's all about the music.

If I am a viable, veteran recording artist, I'd rather sell 25,000 copies of a new studio album I worked on for 18 months that flops than an extra 150,000 copies of my greatest hits collections sold because I was on tv for 4 months.

Well you have to remember it's also a business too, and if the band plans on touring anytime soon and releasing a new album this is GREAT publicity. Tyler knows this!

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Well you have to remember it's also a business too, and if the band plans on touring anytime soon and releasing a new album this is GREAT publicity. Tyler knows this!

Yes, I know, but I'm never happy with an "active" band unless they are busy as bees with the band and moving at the pace I prefer.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online