Aerosmith sales up 250%

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Well the cool thing about music is people can just toss it out there. People like it or don't...some come around (to things they may have not liked before) or remain true to their tastes and opinions.

:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have no idea what to say to OFB and TC's posts, except to laugh I guess.:heheh:

Seriously I doubt that all of Aerosmith's fans are predominantly lesbians. As far as women enjoying their music, I have no problem with that. I have said many times before early Aero will always be my pick of their albums, when they rocked harder.

But although I am done with the Tyler/Perry cat fights, I have to give this legendary band some credit, they have been rocking since the early 70's and survived all the changes in the music business to still be relevant today in 2011. Very few other artists can say the same thing.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:clap: Yup...the way I look at it, is they are still making people happy which is what music is all about...not the bickering and band squabbles.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I'm running late so I'll be brief. No, I don't think lezzys dig Aerosmith...That was a reference to their music having no balls, i.e., it doesn't rock--it's pop music.

And to aeroplane, I would love to hear Aerosmith do songs like they did off of any of the first 4 albums. I'd orgasm if they did a "Back in the Saddle" type song. But they are old men now, they are filthy rich, their hunger is gone. The Aerosmith of the early 70's is dead, and Tyler looks like the corps that's been laying in a coffin for twenty years.

My mind is not made up because I'm being predjudue and stubborn. The fact is, to my ears, Aerosmith is commercial pop music. It has NOTHING to do with what made me and all their original fans love them. They are not the godfathers of heavy American blues rock anymore.

Aerosmith were great--THE greatest American rock band ever. They were equal to Led Zeppelin. I speak for the silent hard rocking Aerosmith fan--and I speak the truth---I always speak the truth (even if I lie), what I say comes from my heart. And Aerosmith has NO heart. They sold that with their soul to the corporate devil.

OK, got to ramble--I have a shrink appointment in 10 minutes!

Last edited:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think it depends on what their music was like while you were growing up, because I for one love albums like Get a Grip. It remains one of my favorites!

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Aerosmith were great--THE greatest American rock band ever. They were equal to Led Zeppelin. I speak for the silent hard rocking Aerosmith fan--and I speak the truth---I always speak the truth (even if it's wrong), what I say comes from my heart. And Aerosmith has NO heart. They sold that with their soul to the corporate devil.

OK, got to ramble--I have a shrink appointment in 10 minutes!

It isn't always as simple as people selling out.

There are a heck of a lot of seasoned veteran musicians who don't play like they used to and many of them attribute that to them feeling they are "better" musicians or writers now than they were then. Doesn't always mean they are chasing the dollar or intentionally selling out. Musicians tend to feel a lot different about their craft/music than fans feel of it.

I could name a bunch of musicians who have said publicly in interviews that they believe a lot of their old (classic) material to be cheesy, hard to listen to, too "noisy" or lacking substance.

Not saying Perry feels this way. I do know Lars Ulrich of Metallica does, though.

I remember seeing an interview with him (Ulrich) from about ten years ago in which he talked about how he felt his drumming on the old Metallica albums (which most people prefer to their newer stuff) was "all speed with no feeling or soul."

To him, that was the biggest excuse for Metallica not doing the type of metal they used to because he also explained that the other guys in the group at the time (with the notable exception of Jason Newsted) felt the same way he did about their playing then versus now.

Just saying.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

There are a heck of a lot of seasoned veteran musicians who don't play like they used to and many of them attribute that to them feeling they are "better" musicians or writers now than they were then.

I could name a bunch of musicians who have said publicly in interviews that they believe a lot of their old (classic) material to be cheesy, hard to listen to, too "noisy" or lacking substance.

Not saying Perry feels this way. I do know Lars Ulrich of Metallica does, though.

I remember seeing an interview with him (Ulrich) from about ten years ago in which he talked about how he felt his drumming on the old Metallica albums, which most people prefer to their newer stuff, was "all speed with no feeling or soul." To him, that was the biggest excuse for Metallica not doing the type of metal they used to because he also explained that the other guys in the group at the time (with the notable exception of Jason Newsted) felt the same way he did about their playing then versus now.

Just saying.

And not just that, but as artists mature, their music tends to do the same.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.

There are a heck of a lot of seasoned veteran musicians who don't play like they used to and many of them attribute that to them feeling they are "better" musicians or writers now than they were then.

Well, I've often wondered this with Aerosmith. A lot of the early stuff was based on such basic blues (at least based on what little I know about music). I can understand them wanting to expand...It's just too bad they've expanded like a big fat cellulite dimpled ass. I'm not into it. Give me the basic blues progression, and some pentatonic riffage. I want some ****ing heavy blues rock. I don't want the ****ing theme song for Days of Our Lives--and that will probably be Tyler's next gig...

It's like the old saying: What's the difference between a jazz musician an a blues musician. The Jazz player knows 1000 chords and plays to an audience of 3 people. The blues man knows 3 chords, yet plays them to an audience of 1000 people.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.