Aerosmith - Rock in a Hard Place (1982)

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Re: Aerosmith ~ Rock in a Hard Place (1982)

I would say Just Push Play, Done With Mirrors and the atrocious Honking on Bobo were worse then Hard Place.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yeah and so nobody thinks anything of my opinion....I will say this...though I like this album...it's no Get Your Wings :grinthumb

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

Yeah and so nobody thinks anything of my opinion....I will say this...though I like this album...it's no Get Your Wings :grinthumb

:heheh: No. It's not even Draw the Line.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I would say Just Push Play, Done With Mirrors and the atrocious Honking on Bobo were worse then Hard Place.

Mirrors isn't all THAT bad, but I concede to agree with you on Just Push Play and Honking on Bobo........not the typical Aerosmith, and you have to take into account that these are coming from another "dead" period for the band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

A hidden gem and the only release that has "Prelude to Joanie/Joanie's Butterfly"

:cheers:

I agreed with you on this one, MP.........but I recon you skipped over my post :wa:

rtbuck

Reaction score

Bucky,

I am a die hard Aerosmith fan, and this album is their absolute worst. But as I noted in the review, there are good tracks on the album. "Lightning Strikes", "Prelude to Joanie/Joanie's Butterfly", "Bitch's Brew", and "Rock in a Hard Place" are all decent tracks.

I have read some concert reviews, where Tyler actually laid on stage and sang, he was so messed up during the concert. I never saw this tour with Crespo/Dufay, all the tours I saw were in the 70's and I saw them after the release of Pump in 89.

Magic,

Tyler was pretty messed up on the Night in the Ruts tour when I saw them then too but nowhere's near as bad as when I seen the Rock in a Hard Place Tour. In 1978 when I saw them they were awesome.

I agreed with your views on Rock in a Hard Place but for some reason I still love the record.Naturally I prefer all of the 70's albums

rtbuck

Reaction score

Mirrors isn't all THAT bad, but I concede to agree with you on Just Push Play and Honking on Bobo........not the typical Aerosmith, and you have to take into account that these are coming from another "dead" period for the band.

I didn't mind the song "Just Push Play" but for me Bobo was a huge let down. I thought that if any rock band could pull off a Blues album it'd be Aerosmith.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I try to be objective on the recent Aerosmith albums, but they leave the Aerosmith band forumula behind. I am a die hard fan, though, and like even the newer stuff. Although, I have to say, the 70's Aerosmith will always be my favorite.

F

FoxyPage

Great review, Magic, I really enjoyed reading it!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online