1987 Permanent Vacation
1989 Pump
1993 Get a Grip
1997 Nine Lives
2001 Just Push Play
2004 Honkin' on Bobo
2012 Music From Another Dimension

Probably My Favorite Band

Come And Talk About Aerosmith (Whats Your Favorite Album, Song, etc)

young-aerosmith-1973.jpg

Fans Only

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Official Aerosmith Thread

One of my favorite hard rock bands of all time!

I wont even begin to say what is my favorite album, because I like almost everything they have done, even some of the newer stuff. The newer stuff isn't typical Aerosmith, but still good music to listen to.

some of my favorite songs:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Not my favorite band but I like early Aerosmith, their first 5 albums are very very good.

Toys in the Attic would be my favorite album, and Dream On probably the song I like the most.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Aerosmith was the 2nd band I was heavilly into(Kiss being the first) but after Night in the Ruts(which I loved) I kind of lost interest even though I did like 'Rock in a Hard Place'.It's weird from '77 - 80 they were my second favorite band & now they're not even in my Top 10. I still like them alot but just not as much as I did.
I love Train Kept a Rollin',Adam's Apple,Big 10 inch Record,No Surprise,Get the Lead Out,Write Me,Bright Light Fright,Reefer Headed Woman,Toys in the Attic, Chip Away at the Stone,Somebody,...
The list can go on!! I also love the 4th side of Live Bootleg especially I Ain't Got You & Mother Popcorn

Rocks
Get Your Wings
Night in the Ruts
Toys in the Attic
Draw the Line
Featuring Dream On
Live Bootleg

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I wonder how much more Aerosmith could have accomplished had the members but had the sense to stay off the sauce?

news_january01_jaded1.jpg

:huh:

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I wonder how much more Aerosmith could have accomplished had the members but had the sense to stay off the sauce?

news_january01_jaded1.jpg

:huh:

I wondered that too they were pretty much a mess more than ever during & after Night in the Ruts but that was a great album. I seen them on the Ruts tour & Rock in a Hard Place tour & Tyler was out of it & I told the story on another thread about my experience seeing the Joe Perry Project.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

My favorite Aerosmith is everything from Pump

9111c060ada0c88bc725a110.L.jpg

on though the prior works had great tracks on them as well! I just don't care for boogie bluesy Aerosmith as much as their rock for the masses. I love how Aerosmith adapted to every era they played in and and knew how to reinvent themselves while still sounding like Aerosmith. Pump was what introduced me to them and especially "What It Takes"

as it was the first song I ever picked in music to be considered my favorite song! I tirelessly rewound that cassette over and over again to get that song but I loved Janie's Got A Gun , The Other Side and Love In An Elevator as well!

The most underestimated Aerosmith c.d. in my opinion is Nine Lives!

album-nine-lives-enhanced-cd.jpg

My favorite tracks from it are:

Hole In My Soul

Full Circle

Kiss Your Past Goodbye

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

One of my all-time favorite bands!

"Toys in the Attic", "Rocks" and "Done with Mirrors" are my favorite albums, but all their early albums have at least a few great songs on them.

It took me a long time to get into "Permanent Vacation" and "Pump", but everything after that just sounds watered down.

Hey, Gearjammer... have you ever been to Brad Whitford's indoor karting track F1 Boston?

Now for the Aerosmith trivia question that won't go away: Which uncredited musician recorded the guitar solo on "Train Kept A Rollin"?

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

One of my all-time favorite bands!

Now for the Aerosmith trivia question that won't go away: Which uncredited musician recorded the guitar solo on "Train Kept A Rollin"?

Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner :cheers: Without them the train wouldn't be on the track :D If I am correct, the insane solo is Wagner.

I know, KMET, took someone long enough to answer the question huh.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online