Adele

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
In the UK, 21 has sold more copies than Dark Side of the Moon overall, and the other day was only 15,000 copies behind Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits. In 12 months... If it carries on, 21 could easily smash it's way into the top 5 biggest selling albums in the UK in history.

Wow, awesome! :omg:

Seems Adele's like a national hero over there too, or at least that's what I gather from over here. You guys must be really proud of her success.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Wow, awesome! :omg:

Seems Adele's like a national hero over there too, or at least that's what I gather from over here. You guys must be really proud of her success.

There is a split over here about Adele, some love some hate, it's always the way when someone is bigger than oxygen. I would say the biggest issue is that people are fed up of her now, too much exposure etc.

I think it's great she's had massive success in America, it's not often we sucessfully export an artist to the States. But in today's modern World, with technology, news, music and communication at our finger tips, anyone that hasn't bought 21 yet, where the hell have you been for the last 12 months? I'd say this mainly only applies to the UK as we are a little Island!

Edit:

Just opened up NME.com to find this:

Adele overtakes Dire Straits in UK's all time biggest selling albums list

21 is now the 6th biggest selling album in UK history.

Last edited:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
There is a split over here about Adele, some love some hate, it's always the way when someone is bigger than oxygen. I would say the biggest issue is that people are fed up of her now, too much exposure etc.

Yeah, that.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Surprisingly, Adele really hasn't been overexposed at all for me. At work they barely play her. And the pop station I occasionally listen to is more dance oriented so they play Adele, but not extensively. They play all her singles at work but only very rarely. It's a really idiosyncratic playlist, they'll play the Dawson's Creek theme and the techno version of Only Love Can Break Your Heart every night, but Rolling In The Deep? Once a month, at most.

Looks like Bruce has been knocked from the top of the charts, and Adele is still holding strong at #2. Some new debut album by "One Direction" is at #1 now. Bruce went all the way to 4. I wonder if Adele can claim the top spot again after these new ones lose momentum. Nevertheless she is still doing absolutely amazing on the charts after all this time! :clap:

Music Albums, Top 200 Albums & Music Album Charts | Billboard.com

Hahaha One Direction... oh my. They're just Big Time Rush 2.0.... which means they're just New Kids On The Block 5.0. We iCarly fans have a bit of a rivalry with the fans of that band. Can't believe they really debuted at #1. Guess I'm screwed. :p I'm big enough to admit that if they hit this high then they must be pretty darn good, maybe I should actually listen to them someday.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I thought that's what One Direction was, AAG. Wouldn't be surprised if she was back on top in the next couple of weeks but then again there always comes a time where an album finally loses its momentum. Regardless, very impressive and Bruce slid a few spots yet she's still holding her own! Couldnt even be bumped from #2 by a rock legend. For the record I hate Someone Like You. :bonk:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I was listening to The Cat Empire's "Two Shoes" today and I noticed something that smells a lot like "Set Fire To The Rain" in the title track...

I'm sure it's just a coincidence though. ;) It's not exactly an uncommon chord progression but it's really the tone that makes it sound so similar.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Congrats to Adele, who just announced she's going to have a baby. :grinthumb

Wonder how this will influence her next album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online