ACDC - If You Want Blood You've Got It (1978)

nwobhm

Reaction score
Acdc_If_You_Want_Blood_You%27ve_Got_It.jpg

1. Riff Raff
2. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
3. Bad Boy Boogie
4. The Jack
5. Problem Child
6. Whole Lotta Rosie
7. Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
8. High Voltage
9. Let There Be Rock
10. Rocker

The first live album I ever bought and arguably one of the best,( also see strangers in the night ufo:grinthumb)

Starts off with Riff Raff, super riff to start and the album pulls you in .

The tracks blend well and the album makes you feel about as close to the real thing as you can get

If you like it loud buy this album, bung it on in your car the journey will fly in

Check out whole lotta rosie, the live version of this is easily the best version, for me though Rocker sends a shiver down your spine.

Apollo Theatre in Glasgow, on 30 April 1978, was used for the bulk of the recorded material that appeared on the album

most of this review was taken from my own personal web site

in short buy it you will not regret it

rtbuck

Reaction score
Great album. I love the live version of "The Jack". "Rocker" kicks ass & is a highlight for me as well although I believe they edited this version which is understandable. I seen them w/ Bon 3 times (twice on this tour) & they always closed w/ "Rocker" & that was the song Angus was carried through the crowd while jamming on guitar. The song seemed to go on for at least 10 minutes which was awesome live.

Anyway, great review & yes,this is well worth getting!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loved this live album.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Good album. I have to admit that I haven't listened to it in quite a while, but it's definitely a good live release from the boys down under.

(edit: I added an album cover img to the OP, just to give it a little more color) ;)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
A belting record IMO, easily one of my favourite live albums up there with Made In Japan, Live And Dangerous, Double Live Gonzo, Irish Tour '74 and Unleashed In The East.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Oh man do I love this album!!!

I remember when I first got it...a stack of like 12 from Columbia House. I was like 14...excited when my albums came.

My Mom saw that (she was cool) and was all..."You better not let your father see that"

Rock and Roll Damnation
Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be

On top of those titles, two gruesome shots of an SG ripping through Angus' belly and back!! :grinthumb

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Incredible album, one of the finest live albums and continuing AC/DC's incredible run of monumental album at that time.

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score
Bought this album about a week before I saw AC/DC for the first time, really got me UP for the concert.
This was one of my BEST concerts The Scorpions was the first band, AC/DC was next, and last was Ted Nugent! My ears were ringing for days!!

I think the concert was in October of 1978, Bon said they were going to play a NEW song off their upcoming album, the song....Highway To Hell!
I happen to love live albums, they really haven't made any GOOD ones in years, so I mostly buy DVD'S of concerts. The only thing I have against (If You Want Blood) is that it's too short, they should have made a double live album!!!

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Great Live album. Bought this on tape in 1988. Still the power of Bon Scott as the front man blows me away. A couple tracks I love

Recky

Reaction score
what a great fkn album..Bon and the boys were at full roar and at their very, very best...this album is more than likely the reason that i'm a live album junkie ( well, this and kiss alive)...having seen Bon and the boys live, i can confirm to this being a bloody good representation of the band during that era

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online