3. What Do You Do For Money Honey
4. Givin The Dog A Bone
5. Let Me Put My Love Into You
6. Back In Black
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Have A Drink On Me
9. Shake A Leg
10. Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

The Brian Johnson ACDC album to own, we all know what happened to Bon and for me he will always be The ACDC lead vocalist in my eyes

I never managed to see Bon but i did see them live on the Hells Bells Tour, and a few other times this was at Birmingham NEC arena

so the album July 1980

The bells ringing, its pitch dark then you hear the bell donging then one spot light over Angus and he starts the first famous chords

Brians voice, I read everywhere he sounds like Bon, really cant see it myself but opening track all seems well.

Shoot to Thrill, another upbeat tempo song, great riffs and the album is off to a cracking start

What Do You Do For Money Honey ...hmmm are we back to Powerage here... i am really liking

Givin The Dog A Bone Let Me Put My Love Into You

Not the most powerfull songs on the album but after listening to them a few times thought they were pretty cool

Title track Back In Black arguably the best riffs on the album Brian sounds really good and powerful on this track, one of my favs

You Shook Me All Night Long , one of the uk singles release a great track and god knows how many times i have heard it seen it copied on you tube :grinthumb

Have a drink on me, Shake A Leg again I think very powerage( I am building up to something)

Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution , bit of an anthem now and the words sum up a lot of what people think of rock music

50 million copies sold, 3rd ? highest selling album of all time and yet most non rockers in the uk do not have any clue to who Brian Johnson is

So the rumours Bon wrote most of the songs on here, well there are a lot of tracks which you can see him in so i would say yes he did

Let me cut my cake with my knife prime example:grinthumb

I miss Bon and this was a great tribute

Hope you enjoyed my review

bibplectrum.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score
Great job...This brought back memories of my exact thoughts on this record the first time I listened to it when it came out (other than me thinking that Brian Johnson was actually Dan McCafferty from Nazareth) I was fortunate to see Bon Live 3 times & am definitely more of a Bon fan but I do feel that Johnson did a fine job on this album. I just find it wild that everything you wrote were my exact views. I actually thought it was 1980 while reading it!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Brian Johnson has a very raw sound to his voice on this album, which, despite being a bit like Robert Plant, was very influential. Black Ice is perhaps not as good, but it comes close. Really, I prefer the Bon Scott version of the band (not that he is a better singer) as on the Let There be Rock album, which I love.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I can't get with Brian Johnson's voice one little bit. It sounds like a falsetto version of raw vocals.

That said, this was by far the best album they did without Bon Scott.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great album....and no wonder its regarded as an ultimate rock classic.Everything about it oozes class the songs ,riffs etc.....even the cover
I have a different perspective to this album as I was a massive fan of Brian Johnsons previous band GEORDIE [ in the 70s Uk glamrock days]......and when the news broke he was going to sing for AC/DC...I thought Bring it on !!!!! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sick of You Shook Me All Night Long and Shoot to Thrill. Other then that love Back in Black but not as much as some of the under rated albums after it like Flick of the Switch.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
They went through a spell where everything sounded the same and the videos all looked alike. I am not really sure why Brian Johnson hasn't contributed to the writing since 1990 or why they sacked producers Vanda and Young. Malcolm Young is presented as a control freak in the music press, but it still doesn't make sense. Apart from Back in Black and Black Ice, I really lost interest after Bon Scott died.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I'm an AC/DC fan enough to own this cd and Highway To Hell, along with about a dozen other songs I've picked and chosen from other albums.

Man, I remember the fervor leading up to this release.

I mean, Bon Scott was a huge loss for a huge band. Would they recover? Would it be any good? Would they still be AC/DC? Would the fans accept it?

Yes to all.

The best thing they could have done was to not try to replicate Bon Scott, and that's how they went about it. Brian Johnson sang like Brian Johnson.

The music didn't change, vocals or not, it was still unmistakeable AC/DC.

The black album cover, and the bell tolling to open the album... Coincidence? Don't think so. Properly and respectfully putting to rest the Bon Scott era.

Yea, this was a good one, for sure.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONVMollie

Members online