AC/DC - Let There Be Rock {AU} - (1977)

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
AC/DC – Let There Be Rock – (1977) – (Australian Release)

220px-Let_There_Be_Rock.gif

Track Listing
1. "Go Down" (5:20 for vinyl) 5:33
2. "Dog Eat Dog" 3:35
3. "Let There Be Rock" 6:07
4. "Bad Boy Boogie" 4:28
5. "Overdose" 6:09
6. "Crabsody in Blue" 4:45
7. "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" 4:15
8. "Whole Lotta Rosie" 5:22

Rating 10 out of 10

This was AC/DC's fourth studio album. I got this Australian Version in 2000. Wanting to hear Crabsody In Blue. Loved the US Version since I was 10 years old. This album includes everything that made AC/DC with Bon Scott some damn good listening. I rate this album so high. Cause this is AC/DC hitting on all cylinders. Bon Scott's lyrics on Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be & Whole Lotta Rosie are just fabulous. Angus Young's Guitar playing took a step up from Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. The song Let There Be Rock IMO is one of the best tracks the band ever laid down. This album should've been as successful as Highway To Hell. But for what ever reason it wasn't. The song's included here on this release. Overdose has become one of my favourite tracks by the band. This was a step forward for AC/DC which would continue on to the Powerage release. One thing about this classic release. It has stood the test of time for me. It doesn't sound dated to me. I never grow tired of listening to this album. The band sounds really tight & in true pure form here on this release. I could on and on all day about this great release. I hope there's not a review of this album already posted. I had to review this one. I'm not the greatest at this. But I do enjoy writing reviews

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent work, Mike. Yes there is another review of this album, but it is always nice to see other points of view & opinions.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
A tidy review MHM of what is for me a top notch album as well and I agree it is up there with Highway To Hell.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online