1. Go Down
  2. Dog Eat Dog
  3. Let There Be Rock
  4. Bad Boy Boogie
  5. Problem Child
  6. Overdose
  7. Hell aint No Bad Place To Be
  8. Whole Lotta Rosie

Interesting transition Ac/dc had when they had finished Dirty Deeds, to when they started Let There Be Rock. You can tell right from the opening song Go Down that the band had made their music a lot more raw so to speak. Just pure classic gritty rock n roll.

Lyrically these boys were at their cheeky best, innuendo was never lacking with Ac/dc and its evident with the song Go Down, Whole Lotta Rosie in particular was at one point deemed mysogonistic by the media.

The difference with this and the Aussie release is the Problem Child track on this was where Crabsody in Blues sat on the Australian version, it was a pity they removed it as it does mark their bluesy musical style.

The self titled track Let There Be Rock gets used in every concert they performed, goes down as one of the best songs they ever did with the song structure and how the chorus kicks in loud after a quiet verse, I also put Hell Aint No Bad Place to Be and Dog Eat Dog up there too.

My favourite songs on this album.

I wouldn't say this is ac/dcs best album but it is not far off, they turned a corner with this album and set the tone for the follow up in Powerage.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: AC/DC Let There Be Rock

Here is the song Crabsody which did not appear on the International release :)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Hell yeah, right up at the top with Highway to Hell IMO.AC/DC's two best . Go Down, Overdose ,Dog Eat Dog , Bad Boy Boogie , Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be....... awesome disk :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I would say this is the best Bon Scott album, IMHO. His best vocal efforts are on this album. Malcolm and Angus were tight on this album.

But still Back in Black is my all time favorite AC/DC album :grinthumb.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Glad you guys enjoy the read, love being able to write up and review albums of all the bands I have passionate interest for :)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

this album kicks a**! this was the first album where is all really came together for them. Some of my favorite AC/DC songs are on this.

saimun

Reaction score

one of super voltage rocks !!!
Let There Be Rock explains the rocks timeline....
:cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online