AC/DC - For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) (1981)

E-Z

Reaction score
There is an ongoing 'joke' in Australia that AC/DC keep recording the same album over n over, again and again.
Yes, I can hear variations on a theme and that's cool.
Yeah I get what is said. Possibly from the early 1980s onwards most if not all of there songs are performed at a 'mid-pace' tempo which is ok by me.

E-Z

Reaction score
THESE ARE NOT MY COMMENTS - They are Sam Quentin's comments
Sam Quentin said:
The title track is one of the best songs the band has ever done

After Back in Black, the band did get more formulaic, (but the song FTATR is not formulaic)...Their older stuff has more variety in sound.

Standout tracks here are FTATR! snowballed, let's get it up (cheesy, but fun)...
Yeah kinda agree with the above post and with regards to the song FTATR firstly I haven't heard it for at least the last 5 years but I like that definite chord change towards the end of the song which is pretty cool.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is an ongoing 'joke' in Australia that AC/DC keep recording the same album over n over, again and again.
Yes, I can hear variations on a theme and that's cool.

AC/DC needed to take a leaf out of STATUS QUO's BOOK of self-plagiarism and repeated the dozen styles they used in their very long and very successful career.
I feel like they didn't really need to do any drastic style shifts tbh. Status Quo did do that but sometimes it was to their detriment imo.

The 80s was a period DC easily had the chance to do it but for me to their credit they didn't. Sales were poor but these albums like Flick, Fly on The Wall are all ones Ill defend as far as the songs themselves go.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I get what is said. Possibly from the early 1980s onwards most if not all of there songs are performed at a 'mid-pace' tempo which is ok by me.
I would say just most of them. They had some faster moments with songs like Landslide, Brain Shake, Heatseeker, This Means War, Fire Your Guns. Considering the drummer changes in the 80s it is remarkable they were able to maintain that core tempo.

E-Z

Reaction score
I would say just most of them. They had some faster moments with songs like Landslide, Brain Shake, Heatseeker, This Means War, Fire Your Guns. Considering the drummer changes in the 80s it is remarkable they were able to maintain that core tempo.
I actually prefer the 80s AC/DC albums with Brian although the mid/late 1970s albums with Bon like Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Let There Be Rock, Powerage, Highway To Hell & AC/DC live album If You Want Blood You've Got It are classic albums

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online