AC/DC - Black Ice (2008)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Ac/dc Black Ice review (2008)

I mean, come on, It's AC/DC! If they changed their sound or formula at this point it would be certain death for the music and I think it's awesome they are still putting out good quality tunes that appeal to a new generation. I liked this album. Was it earth shaking, NO, but AD/DC is consistent. My favorite song on this album is the title track, and this song has become one of my AC/DC faves.

My overall rating 3.5/5 :tup:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

A fair call too, maybe I was a bit biased in my score given I love the album a lot.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

your rating is spot on, Riff Raff. An 8/10 is a good score. I give the album a 3.5/5, which is above average to good, just because they revisit their old songs in sound and structure ( like Big Jack ) but have some original songs that do make the score a bit higher :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

That and they went in some areas back to the roots of their existence with Stormy May Day with that sliding guitar bluesy tune :)
Glad you all liked the review, felt that album needed one :)

b.o.b.

Reaction score

When the album came out I listened to it (mp3 version) hardly. I don’t know, maybe I was in the mood for AC/DC at that time. I guess the album didn’t sell very well because I bought the cd last month at a very low price. My rating 8/10.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Album sold really well, went platinum on its first week of release :)

rtbuck

Reaction score

Good review Riff! :cheers2

I think you gave it a fair rating especially seeing as you are an AC/DC super fan. For my tastes in music I would give it a 7 & for me what makes this a good album instead of a great album for me is that their are 4 or 5 too many tunes on the album. If it had 10 songs on it I really think it would have the potential of being a great album (I'm a Kiss freak & thought they ran into the same problem with Hot in the Shade). My ipod is kind of full right now with about 16,500 songs so besides Kiss, Alice Cooper, Stones,NY Dolls, Johnny Thunders, Alex Harvey, & Max Webster (all my favorites) I only put on partial albums by other bands. The other day I had on the songs from Black Ice I chose which were 4 (RnR Train, Black Ice, She Likes RnR, & War Machine) & I was into those songs so much I wanted to hear more from the album but when I listen to the whole album 9 or 10 songs in I'm happy but I've have had enough & by the time I'm done listening to all the songs I've already forgotten most of the other songs.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Album sold really well, went platinum on its first week of release :)

It did do very well & they promoted it well especially at Walmart! When that came out & I walked into Walmart it was like a new Kiss album celebration from the 70's. There were T Shirts, DVD's, Novelties, ball caps,& even AC/DC underwear displayed all over the store along with the CD

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah there were people who wondered if 15 tracks was too much, maybe 2 cds of recordings perhaps?
I reckon theyve done a load of unreleased material in the making of Black Ice.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online