ABBA (Official Thread)

Tireman4

Reaction score
Yep, I love 'em. I am a self professed metalhead and I grew up listening to them as a teenager. Amazing harmonies. There were some on Blabbermouth ( a metal news site) that had problems with ABBA in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but not me. They earned it fair and square. Now, why Kiss is not in there, that is another program.

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
I'll confess, I'm a closet ABBA fan or what do they call them? Super Troupers. :tongue:

I swear, they should just make a general Music Hall of Fame and then the whining would stop whenever someone got inducted.

My favorite album is Arrival. They really hit a grand slam with that one.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to dislike ABBA a lot back as a kid, I heard Dancing Queen just now and I like to think I am more open minded enough to at least give them a chance. Only if I like other songs though.

tjacks55

Reaction score
I was pretty much brought up on ABBA (thanks mum!) and I do love a lot of their music. They have damn good melodies! I love SOS, The Winner Takes It All and a lot more!

Has anyone seen the show in London? I think it was the first show I ever went to! The closest thing you can get to seeing the real thing I guess, these days. It's moving theatres again, next year after the olympics: Mamma Mia! to Move to Novello Theatre | Prince of Wales Theatre

suebee3490

Reaction score
haha - I remember seeing them in those cat shirts on "I think" American Bandstand. Also remember thinking at that time (70's) that those clothes with the thigh boots were risky for tv:uh:. Nothing compared to today's bands!

suebee3490

Reaction score
oh and also I heard ABBA on the radio but didn't have any of their albums, tapes, etc.
My favorite song is "Knowing me, knowing you"

Jonty

Reaction score
Shouldn't this thread be in the "Everything else" forum since Abba was a pop group not rock?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online