Register to remove these ads

A breath of fresh air in a stale industry

Discussion in 'Rock Lounge' started by rockerinneed, Jun 6, 2005.

1. rockerinneed

rockerinneed Guest

I have to say that today's rock is suffering from an important ingredient.....SOUL. When RUSH made a song I FELT it! Same with Hendrix, Zepplin, and countless others. But TODAY? I grew up on Hiphop, Soul, and R&B. so of course I expect more. But early 90's was hopeful but was soon over. Until the other day at the mall some young guy's approached me selling their CD. At first I thought it was rap--and I'm not even diggin rap at it's present state either. But they said it was ROCK...Skeptically I listened and was amazed to find it was more of a hybrid of rock vocals, guitar, and hiphop beats&basslines. Not really like linkin park because I always thought they were missing the bottom--and had too much screaming. It was it's own entity. So I bought one--Man--I had too So I promised them I would get on some new forums that I planned to join and help spread the word. Check out samples of their stuff at www.beatassassins.com PEACE.

2. Joey Self

Joey Self A Voice Of Reason

ahhh, part of what used to be called a "ground crew"--except now you're covering cyberground.

Oh well, that's cool--nice to see someone passionate about new music.

JcS

3. Aginghipster

Aginghipster Member

Decemberist!

4. AboutAGirl

AboutAGirl oh, be nice

BeatAssasins.... but if you kill the beat then what will we have to dance to? What did the beat ever do to you to make you hire assasins against it? Can't we all jut get along?

:D