80's Pearler Albums

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^:bonk:

I replaced it with the right one...last time I go by the headers for assorted images.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Just dusted off one of my threads and found this "Belter" that I think definitely deserves a shout out.

1988's release "Diesel & Dust" from Midnight Oil.

The biggest hit song "Beds Are Burning".

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^

Not heard this for years LG. :grinthumb Wicked.

Here's Gary and Phil from '85 off the "Run For Cover" album.:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hope my friends don't mind this one, the biggest commercial success J. Geils ever achieved, "Freeze Frame" from 1981. I remember playing this one to death when it came out, and my buddy had an "Intellivision" video game console and we had a blast playing our music and the video games too.

River Blindness.

gxvR.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
83_flick_of_the_switch.jpg
Didnt sell well when it came out but bloody hell does this album pack some power to the riffs. Insanely underated and I think up there in quality with Back in Black.
Favourite song on the album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't have that one R&R, I generally like the Bon Scott era more myself but Brian did a good job stepping up. I respect ACDC, they have been kicking ass for a long time.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Wow I just discovered this thread & it's like looking through my record collection. Great seeing those early Whitesnake records, Blackfoot, Motorhead...etc. Awesome J. Geils tune LG!(on another thread I just wrote how after Freeze Frame came out any previous J. Geils stuff was forgotten(except Love Stinks) despite having 9 singles in the Top 12 US Charts) I wasn't putting down Freeze Frame because I do love the album especially Piss on the Wall & Rage in the Cage but just found it weird that all those other classics seemed to get forgotten.

Flick of the Switch is my 2nd favorite Brian Johnson era ACDC album. I loved the 'Back in Black' album but wasn't to crazy about 'For Those about to Rock'. I seen them live at that time & was disappointed but then Flick of the Switch came out & I really liked it a lot!! I also am a Huge Bon Scott era fan

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online