3 songs that will kick your butt

rtbuck

Reaction score
Alright everyone, name 3 songs that you know other members of this forum will be blown away by. If you want to use a song by a popular Artist that's fine just try to stay away from their well known songs. :cheers:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Doubtful these will blow anyone away or kick butt, but I think these three songs are pretty cool:

"The Step and the Walk" -- The Duke Spirit

"Stop Me" -- Mark Ronson (featuring Daniel Merriweather)

"Sleeping Satellite" -- Tasmin Archer

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Holy crap, that is a tough one Bucky...it's too early for me yet, I'll post three later today when I am fully awake.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Some mind blowing Piano work :

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
So many songs to choose from, where does a guy start? I'll tell you where to start... the blues, man. Stevie Ray Vaughan had a hell of a debut album in Texas Flood, but I don't think a lot of people know of his rendition of Tin Pan Alley, outside of maybe the more die-hard fans.... so that's my first tune:

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley

Next, something from Jeff Beck off his 2001 album, You Had It Coming. the song is called Roy's Toy and the first time I heard it, I said to the guy who played it for me... WTF is that and where the hell do I get it!?!"

The album art from this video is actually from Beck's '89 album Guitar Shop (which is also a great album), but the song is from You Had It Coming... now I'm not Jeff Beck connoisseur so maybe die-hards will shrug it off. I loved the guitar and the effects though.

Jeff Beck - Roy's Toy

next... Triumph, another one of multiple Canadian trio rock bands to emerge in the 70's. They had a handful of hits including a couple off of the album Thunder Seven, although the critical reception of Thunder Seven was never very high, it's always been my favorite album by this group. I've heard it to be considered a concept album, which I can see, but honestly it doesn't matter to me. It's a good album start to finish. The song below is the last song on the album... Little Boy Blues. Rik Emmitt is probably one of the best guitarists most people have never heard of.

Triumph - Little Boy Blues

I could have picked a few dozen songs for this, but just went with some that have a little special meaning to me personally.

rtbuck

Reaction score
My favorite Lita Ford tune

This is Hardcore Logo from the fictional movie 'Hard Core Logo' The lead singer (Joe Dick) is really Hugh Dillon of the Headstones. I always thought this tune kicked ass

These 2 tunes go together it's Hanoi Rocks covering the Stooges "1970(I Feel Alright)" & a quick version of "Train Kept a Rollin'"

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I'm throwing three out there that I personal enjoy..

Jimi Hendrix~ Pali gap

Black Label Society~ Won't Find It Here

Robin Trower~ Rock Me Baby

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online