2012 METAL, Hard Rock and other end time debauchery

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
4260255245397.gif

HELLWELL ~ Beyond the Boundaries of Sin, is a side project of Mark "the shark' Sheldon's
of MANILLA ROAD fame...and a great one it is...pretty much a killer MR album with a bit of keys
thrown in for a bit of texture and spice...Awesome stuff, a definite favorite of mine for 2012.

Pistol

Pointing at you
Reaction score
New Arsis release is also one of the good album of this year, though it comes nowhere near to A Celebration Of Guilt.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I heard of the new Kamelot album I was pretty impressed.

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
From what I heard of the new Kamelot album I was pretty impressed.

Eh, I thought it was alright, but it couldn't touch Black Halo or Epica. Better than the last 2, though.

94-550x550.jpg

Grave - Endless Procession Of Souls

I've recently gotten heavily into Swedish Death Metal, & it astounds me how well this scene is still doing 20 years on. All the greats are still firing on all cylinders (except Dismember, who quit, & Entombed, which took their music is an odd Rock-ish direction & never looked back).

This album is the perfect example. One of the originators of the genre, still going strong, releasing material just as good as when they started. Perhaps better, even. This is one of my top 10 records of the year, & is already being recognized as one of the best to come from the scene. It's the auditory equivalent of a sledgehammer.

Another Swedish giant released a career highlight this year: Unleashed.

Unleashed-Odalheim-Cover-Artwork.jpg

Unleashed - Odalheim

Whereas Grave's is a return to form after years of good/great, but not amazing albums, Unleashed have never lulled to the sam extent. They released one shaky album in 2002, only to bounce bank & release what is considered by most to be their finest work, Midvinterblot, in '06. They've been on a roll ever since, keeping the same core elements of their sound, while ever so finely tweaking it.

This new release adds a touch of Black Metal stylings, but not enough to push it into the realm of bands like fellow countrymen Dissection. Just enough to wet your lips with, without fully taking the plunge.

Pistol

Pointing at you
Reaction score
Italian tech-death band Gory Blister's new album Earth Sick...Must Check album for Technical Death fans
Gory Blisters - ***

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
4260255245397.gif

HELLWELL ~ Beyond the Boundaries of Sin, is a side project of Mark "the shark' Sheldon's
of MANILLA ROAD fame...and a great one it is...pretty much a killer MR album with a bit of keys
thrown in for a bit of texture and spice...Awesome stuff, a definite favorite of mine for 2012.

Just got around to this record. Holy hell, is it awesome. It hits so many of my soft spots. Will be on my end of the year list for sure.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Staff online

Members online