Votes: 1 3.6%
  • "Sabotage" - BLACK SABBATH.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • "Weekend Warriors" - TED NUGENT.

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Khor1255

Reaction score
Yeah, now with a couple exceptions that is the album I would say started them down the road of just straight up hard rock. Back Street Kids and to some extent You Won't Change Me are notable exceptions but I could easily see someone labeling most of that album Hard Rock instead of Heavy Metal.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, can't argue with that.

Khor1255

Reaction score
You inspired me to listen to a few songs from Technical Ecstasy. I used to have a copy but don't know what happened to it. Youtube is truly one of the coolest things about the internet.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The convo has inspired me to give Sabotage another listen. lol I really do dig songs like Symptom of the Universe and Hole In The Sky.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Symptom is one of the very funnest songs to play on drums. The way Ward rides two crashes the whole time and all the rolls is so freakin fun it is hard to put into words. God bless Bill Ward.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Its strange to assume because a band is metal it means they never do rock. lol

Doesn't matter in the end, Sabotage is a good album. I consider it a hard rock album with heavy metal moments in it. Don't care if you disagree which is fine that is just my personal opinion on it.
I didn't say that Black Sabbath never do Rock. I just said that "Sabotage" isn't Rock, it's Metal, ya see?

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
They tend to be a little more revealing than those where everyone agrees on every point but every time I mention metal it reminds me of the years I spent arguing with people about whether Motley Crue or Skid Row were metal. It seems now a lot of young people are calling Sabbath Proto Metal and to me that is at least as rediculous as calling Warrant or Cindarella metal.

But to each his own.
Yeah, I'd agree that they were both Metal amongst others, yet just a different kind of Metal from Black Sabbath.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Symptom is one of the very funnest songs to play on drums. The way Ward rides two crashes the whole time and all the rolls is so freakin fun it is hard to put into words. God bless Bill Ward.
He's not flashy yet he always seemed to play what was right for some truly great Metal songs. Sometimes it's the basic intensity that defines/makes Metal best.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd agree that they were both Metal amongst others, yet just a different kind of Metal from Black Sabbath.
You can call it Hair Metal you can call it Glam Metal but it is a joke to call any of that garbage Heavy Metal.

It is a different animal.

Khor1255

Reaction score
He's not flashy yet he always seemed to play what was right for some truly great Metal songs. Sometimes it's the basic intensity that defines/makes Metal best.
Totally agree with this. A hot dog player who tries to be a soloist all the time is rarely as good for a song than a guy who tries to do all he can to compliment a tune rather than stroke his own ego.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online