10cc is one of the most fun bands I've ever heard and their story is interesting too

Sean Hunt

Guitar is my gospel, I preach with my picking hand
Reaction score
Do we have a lot of 10cc fans here?

With their satirical lyrics, progressive arrangements, revolutionary production techniques and incredibly catchy melodies, 10cc has been scratching an itch that I didn't know existed.

I'm only 32 but I've been studying classic and progressive rock since hearing the Beatles when I was 10 or 11 and somehow 10cc had gone under my radar for WAY too long.

I didn't get into the band until a YouTube video made me realize how genius they are. What are your experiences with the band? I feel like so many people should be considering them in their top bands of all time.

This is my new video about their history and content of discography for those that aren't familiar enough with this incredible band!

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Well done Sean on your incredibly interesting video. Very well researched. There is a lot of their early history that I just did not know about.
I saw the band live a few years ago and was amazed at the complexity of some of their music, almost progressive. The band that I knew up to that point was the quirky pop that we all know from their greatest hits albums. Subsequently I have collected a few of their albums and a collection called Tenology, all of which I listen to quite frequently. I would call myself a student of their music, not a fan though.

Sean Hunt

Guitar is my gospel, I preach with my picking hand
Reaction score
It's cool that you're listening though! And I'm glad you got to see them! Have you heard the longer tracks like "One Night in Paris" and "Somewhere in Hollywood?" Definitely Progressive pop, one can argue if it's prog rock though.

Thank you so much for watching my video! I really appreciate you!

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I haven't listened to my 10cc lps for quite a while so I don't know whether I've heard "One Night in Paris" or "Somewhere in Hollywood". Will scratch around for the lps I have and see if I can check them out on the weekend again.

Lynn

Reaction score
Great video! I've loved 10cc since they hit the charts in the early 70's, but there was a lot I didn't know about them. I must go and check out some more of their albums. One thing I'm surprised you didn't mention was Godley & Creme's innovative video "Cry". It was revolutionary in the heyday of music videos with it's morphing effects. Great song too! I loved 10cc's quirky arrangements, mixing different styles of music, and drastic changes of sound within a short pop song. In fact, it never occurred to me before, but a lot of my recordings and productions of other people's music have certainly been influenced by that quirkiness!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Yeah, my connection with 10cc is many fold... Eric Stewart played with The Mind benders and had fine vocal capabilities. In between Hotlegs and 10cc ( their name derives from the amount of ***** an average male **********.) was a short lived outfit -
Doctor Father - Umbopo.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Hotlegs had this 1970 thumper hit the charts, after one album and two singles Goldley & Stewart etc... switched to a come related name and once again the Stockport association of writing and recording paid dividend.
Hotlegs - Neanderthal Man.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Graham Gouldman knew his onions and was a great Manchester inhouse song writer, penning hits for many including Herman's Hermits and The Hollies.... this is fair nice.

The Hollies - Bus Stop.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Lol Creme developed and patented The Gizmo guitar attachment which gave these s. p. u. n. k spurters an extra edge, this is my fave song about a helicopter.
10cc - I'm Mandy Fly Me.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Paul Burgess replaced Kevin Godley... I think? Shame Eric was in that smash... they would have handled the 80s well. Deceptive Bends is a fine album made in trying circumstances.
10cc - Good Morning Judge.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online