10 Classic Rock Bands Who Deserve More Respect

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Some of these artists deserve a far better deal than the one they have -
Uriah Heep - often referred to as the poor man's Deep Purple, but have a string of excellent albums to their name.
Camel - prog godz imo. Can't get enough of them lately.
Golden Earring - they have one of the best rythm sections of any band imo but are barely known outside of Netherlands.
Wishbone Ash - twin guitar pioneers
Shawn Phillips - with Second Contribution he created a new genre
Grand Funk Railroad - reviled by critics, loved by fans
Colosseum - brilliant musicianship. Colosseum Live is one THE live albums of the 70's
Strawbs - folk rock kings
Nick Drake - sometimes referred to as the patron saint of the depressed, he bought out three very deep albums. They grow on you with every listening.
Little Feat - fetauring the late, great Lowell George, with their unique brand of rock

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly I'd have to say that Soundgarden, CCR, Boston and Faith No More are some of the most underrated bands of all time...

I agree with you on CCR.

I'm a Chris Cornell fan, so Soundgarden gets plenty of love from me. Badmotorfinger & Superunknown....hell yeah!

joe

Reaction score
Stray
Groundhogs
Wishbone Ash
Atomic Rooster
Budgie
The Pretty Things
Steamhammer
Savoy Brown
Sweet
Camel

Khor1255

Reaction score
^^Zeppelin was getting a lot of stick for "In Through The Out Door" back in the day, and from what their fans were saying they were not performing live at a high level either. Then tragedy struck and everything was forgotten and the band achieved mythical status...which has lasted even to the present day.

I don't mind ballads at all, I don't mind up tempo rockers either, so I am easily pleased and that doesn't bother me in the slightest.:D
I distinctly remember the incredible let down the final Zeppelin album was not only for me but for practically every other hard rock fan in my neighborhood. Presence was disappointing enough but saved by Achilles Last Stand and Nobody's Fault But Mine.

In through the out door had no such saving graces.

I like the worst song on Coda 100 times better than anything on ITTOD.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.