☆The Plenty Of 1970☆

E-Z

Reaction score
Lots of great music coming out but for me I was gobsmacked in April 1970 when I first heard In The Court of the Crimson King (released in Oct '69). FRom that point on I looked for anything in a similar style not knowing it was the true beginning of prog rock.
Can't say I see what all the fuss was about about the King Crimson album In The Court Of The Crimson King because I have listened to it a couple of times in the past and even have 3-different cd versions of the album which include the (original) single cd album plus a double-expanded cd version and finally a x4 cd version for good measure and apart from the title track which is 'ok' I suppose and 21st Century Schiziod Man the rest of the album is full of 'slow dreamy numbers' which I suppose are ok if you like that sort of thing?. I have read several rock musicians from that era rated this album for some reason?. I must admit that I prefer 'my' rock from the late 1960s and 1970s a bit more 'rocked up' rather than what's on offer on this album.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Can't say I see what all the fuss was about about the King Crimson album In The Court Of The Crimson King because I have listened to it a couple of times in the past and even have 3-different cd versions of the album which include the (original) single cd album plus a double-expanded cd version and finally a x4 cd version for good measure and apart from the title track which is 'ok' I suppose and 21st Century Schiziod Man the rest of the album is full of 'slow dreamy numbers' which I suppose are ok if you like that sort of thing?. I have read several rock musicians from that era rated this album for some reason?. I must admit that I prefer 'my' rock from the late 1960s and 1970s a bit more 'rocked up' rather than what's on offer on this album.
It's a prog thing...either you are into prog in that long dreamy style ..or you ain't.
I love classic rock ,folk rock, jazz/fusion but I'll take epic prog rock over everything else. It often incorporates all the other styles into the mix.

E-Z

Reaction score
It's a prog thing...either you are into prog in that long dreamy style ..or you ain't.
I love classic rock ,folk rock, jazz/fusion but I'll take epic prog rock over everything else. It often incorporates all the other styles into the mix.
Yeah I find some 'prog' alright such as the Dutch progressive rock band Focus from the 1970s I still like them but overall I prefer 1970s US & UK rock bands like Steppenwolf, Johnny Winter's 'rock period' 1970-1975, Montrose especially the first & second albums and Boston especially also the first & second albums and a number of other rock bands from the 1970s.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
EXCELLENT!!. I really like BLACKFOOT and would like to get a few more of their albums such as No Reservations 1975 and Flying High 1976. I was playing STRIKES and TOMCATTING earlier this morning to start the day. I prefer Ricky Medlocke fronting Blackfoot along with Charlie Hargrett, Jackson Spires & Gregg Walker circa 1975-1984 rather than Ricky being in Skynyrd although with the death of Gary Rossington may be it's the end of Skynyrd??

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online