Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1712784104199.jpeg

Parrish & Gurvitz Band - S/T (1971)
UK Rock, Soft Rock
Regal Zonophone records

the line-up of the band is impressive. Paul Gurvitz was in The Gun with his brother Adrian, remember their 1968 hit Race With The Devil. The Gurvitz brothers went on to form Three Man Army and then teamed up with Ginger Baker for Baker Gurvitz Army in the seventies. Brian Parrish played with various small sixties bands (with Gurvitz), later joining Badger. Mike Kellie was with Spooky Tooth and other seventies luminaries before joining one of my favourite bands of the new wave era, The Only Ones, Rick Wills played with countless groups including Cochise, Roxy Music, Foreigner, latter Day Small Faces and Dave Gilmour. Micky Gallagher had played with Skip Bifferty and would eventually join Ian Dury as one of the Blockheads

Gurvitz brothers..Gun…Race With The Devil

It’s A Shame

Loving You

Full Album

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've got the Gun lps as well as the first 3 Three Man Army lps....which are also somewhat obscure.
Good stuff.
I haven’t checked out Three Man Army or Baker Gurvitz Army. And I have only heard “Race With the Devil” by Gun….which I like a lot. So I am going to look into more gun.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@dr wu thanks for the link.

I like the reviewer’s description of the 3 Three Man Army albums. He calls them “three artillery barrages in a row”. What an exciting description. Makes them sound exactly like the heavy sounds I crave. I am going to hunt them down.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Any album featuring the Gurvitz brothers' rocks. Brilliant stuff. I have the Gun s/t album, the Baker-Gurvitz album and the Three Man Army albums. Didn't know about this album. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online