I Love This Song: “Heart of the Night”

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

1715879329612.jpeg

I was a senior in high school when “Heart of the Night” hit the radio. I immediately fell in love with this song. There is something special about the galloping melody, guitar, vocals, and saxophone. There is a country “twang” to the guitar, but the song isn’t country. It is what I now call soft pop rock.

When I first heard the song, I discovered it was Poco. Who the hell is Poco? I went in search of the album and bought both the vinyl and 8 track so I could listen to it in my car, which had an 8 track. I wore that 8 track out, but I still own the vinyl. I played “Heart of the Night” and “Legend” (a blistering track) on repeat, a lot! I even named my first dog I owned as an adult Poco. I got asked all the time where my dog’s name came from, and I happily introduced people to Poco “Legend”.

Actually, I like the whole album. It is my go to album when I want something easy on the ears and to reminisce of the past. I didn’t know that Poco was a band that had been around since the late 60’s until I started frequenting music forums. However, I am ashamed to say i have never explored Poco’s discography.

Have you heard this album? What’s your thoughts & opinions?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trax

Staff online

Members online