Go Back   Classic Rock Forum > CRF Archives > Graveyard

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Graveyard Old threads, read them if you have time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default Re: The House Of Wax.

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by Lord Grendel View Post
^^I've done that myself many times Architect, bought an album just because the cover looked cool. (Sox mentioned that he's guilty of that himself...)

I'm in the same boat, I haven't bought vinyl in decades, until last weekend and now I am already preparing my list of "must have" records to order from this tiny little shop I stumbled into literally.
I did exactly the same, when I found Uli Jon Roth's Electric Sun 'Fire Wind'. It seemed to look very hard rocking and I was right.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
LG
Fade To Black

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Nololob View Post
I did exactly the same, when I found Uli Jon Roth's Electric Sun 'Fire Wind'. It seemed to look very hard rocking and I was right.
Yes I think everyone who's ever bought records has fallen for the cover art...and then later discovered either they have a gem or just a nice piece of art.

You are partially responsible for me firing up the TT again Nolo, your constant stream of purchases of old classics had me looking through my hoard and now I am collecting again.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

Originally Posted by Lord Grendel View Post
Yes I think everyone who's ever bought records has fallen for the cover art...and then later discovered either they have a gem or just a nice piece of art.

You are partially responsible for me firing up the TT again Nolo, your constant stream of purchases of old classics had me looking through my hoard and now I am collecting again.
I'm literally obsessed on buying vinyl records, soon it's going to be a year since I got my first record (Foreigner '4'). Got so far between 260-270 albums at with this rate it's going to be a massive collection in 10 years, I'm not even going to think what is going to be like, when I get a proper job and 30 years later open a large room full of vinyl records.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

I have quite a few vinyls with nothing to play them on. But I'm hoping to change that someday. I bought most of them on CD too, so I have both. Here are just a few vinyls that I own.

I have the original album art for Street Survivors:

And the only Bruce I have on vinyl:

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny." - Bruce Springsteen
Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Sox
Avoiding The Swan Song

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

JG I bought a brand new Sherwood turntable just before I got together with Tray and it's never been out of the box, that was about 12 years ago. It's stored away as I just always use Tray's rig, I really should build up the components again.

I did some working out and I think it's nearly 20 years since I last bought vinyl, I managed to get a good head of steam up as a teenager and in my early 20's though so there's plenty to go at in the collection. Maybe it's time I started visiting the fairs again.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Sox View Post
The record fairs at Buxton a great way to spend a morning. I used to go quite often years ago and picked up some sound deals.

that reminds me of when I came across a record store not long ago (and you don't see many of those anymore!) that you could easily miss ... just this narrow little place stuck in between 2 large stores! jam packed full of vinyl

Old 02-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

Talking about stores, so here's The Sound Machine (expects Powerage to say something about it ), the second hand record shop. This is the place where I bought most of the records and continue buying. Some of their stuff are quite cheap and got a good deal with the seller.

Looks small, but they've got a hell lot more next door.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 AM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

The Gatefold to Magician's Birthday ~ Uriah Heep

Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I hate to brag but I have the ORIGINAL albums that everybody has posted in here except for the one Bruce Springstein Jersey has posted..
I guess it pays off to hold onto your vinyl when you pick it up.
As for looking for anything new on vinyl?? let's just say pretty much every album I've wanted from way back is now in my collection.
I feel a little bit saddened because I just unloaded the main part of my stereo gear last weekend in a yard sale.. Some of you would have shit bricks at how much I sold a couple of high quality amps for.. I sold them to one guy and put it this way.. A steal dosn't even come close to what he paid for them..
But now I'm shooting for a really nice rack system with everything bolted in a closet I use for holding all my stereo stuff.
I just hope the quality hasn't gone down hill so much that I have to replace things that screw up.
I'm still going to buy two of everything as far as CD players.. Cassette decks and turntables..
It's my set up for recording things a certain way..
Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by METALPRIEST View Post
The Gatefold to Magician's Birthday ~ Uriah Heep

I love gatefold albums! You can see a better image when you open it wide and read like a book. I think Black Sabbath Vol. 4 has some more pages inside.