Go Back   Classic Rock Forum > Forum Information > Introduce Yourself !

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Introduce Yourself ! Introduce yourself here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Randy Rhoads Autograph

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Just thought it would be cool to share a great moment i had back in 1980 when i was about 14. Having watched "Blizzard of Oz' at King Georges Hall in Blackburn, UK, my friend and I managed to sneak backstage and up a stairwell. We were turned back by a bouncer at the top...but as he was trying to make us go back down...Randy Rhoads, who was simply leaning against a wall smoking a ciggy clocked what was happening through the glass door leading on to the stairwell. He came over and simply said to the bouncer words to the effect of "Hey man, they're with me!".
He then led us down the corridor and into the dressing room where Ozzy was relaxing in an old sofa and both Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake were in the room. I sat down nxt to Ozzy and it all felt like i was in a dream. I was just a kid but they made me feel like one of them. They were asking where a good restaurant might be and so on. I still remember the feeling and the happiness thy gave me that night was so very special (Have dined out on it for many years!).
What's really special is that the whole band signed my programme on their own profile page. I still have it today and it is a treasured item. I will never sell it (unless i hit rock bottom somehow). One day I might donate it to some Rock Loving Venue (Perhaps the Cavern in Liverpool). For now though it reminds me of how Randy Rhoads made a little kid's day...he made me so happy that night, and so very sad when not that long after he died in that damn plane crash. I will never forget him. What a cool, amazingly talented and genuinely lovely bloke he was.... He was part of the reason I ended up being a musician myself. He was awesome!
Indifferentmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
????????????????

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)

wow wee dude great stuff...welcome to the CRF
The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Kiss, Maiden, Gov`t Mule, Black Crowes, Black Sabbath, Yes, Genesis, Bessie Smith, Son House, Tom Jones, Down, Slayer, Oasis, Blur, Ocean Colour Scene, Mozart, Beethoven, Queen, The Clash, NOFX, Rancid, Sex Pistols, Sarah McLachlan, Jeff Buckley, U2, Soul Asylum, Lucinda Williams, Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, Buddy Guy, BB, Freddie & Albert King, Muddy Waters, Howlin` Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Miles Davis, Mother Love Bone,
joker1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
ThE OtHeR rAmOnE

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Welcome aboard
Old 11-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Walking down a dusty road

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

Great story. Welcome to the forum
Old 11-17-2016, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Unfortunate Son

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Welcome, dude. What a lucky man you are! Rhoads is definitely one of my favorite guitarists.