Go Back   Classic Rock Forum > Forum Information > Forum Help, Suggestions, Feedback

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Forum Help, Suggestions, Feedback If you need help with the forum/posting, or have a suggestion or just want to make a comment, please post in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Posts Count

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Don't know if I'm the first to ask. I've noticed over the past days, if I reply to a post my post count doesn't always go up.

Any ideas?

Guess what, entered this post and it went up one :8
Red Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
retired

Default Re: Posts Count

When you post in the music & word games sub forum, it doesn't affect your post count. I'm not sure about anywhere else in the forum, but as far as I know, that's one of the only places that your post count doesn't get affected.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
metal maniac

I think the chat threads shouldn't count either
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

Originally Posted by annie View Post
I think the chat threads shouldn't count either
I think the post count thing turns people into>>> I say .. Forget about the count..
Will lead me into deep waters..
Slip'nn2Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oh yeah! --- D'oh!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Prime View Post
When you post in the music & word games sub forum, it doesn't affect your post count.
any/all posts in this section will not count towards post totals. Many sites do this and it's to ~hopefully~ help prevent over-inflated post counts as there are some members that do nothing but post in threads (such as an A-Z thread or a This/That thread or a Count to Infinity thread) where there really isnt any benefit to the site as a whole. Those threads are there to give you something to do but for the most part are completely meaning less.

Red Neck: Hopefully this answers your question
Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
metal maniac

Originally Posted by Lynch View Post
any/all posts in this section will not count towards post totals. Many sites do this and it's to ~hopefully~ help prevent over-inflated post counts as there are some members that do nothing but post in threads (such as an A-Z thread or a This/That thread or a Count to Infinity thread) where there really isnt any benefit to the site as a whole. Those threads are there to give you something to do but for the most part are completely meaning less.

The chatting back and forth threads do the same. And what about posts that are only smilies? The whole post count thing is worthless. It is quality, not quantity that is important.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
retired

The chatting back and forth threads do the same. And what about posts that are only smilies? The whole post count thing is worthless. It is quality, not quantity that is important.
Exactly. Quality of posts are far more important than the quantity. So it shouldn't matter if a forum adds to your post count or not. I do like seeing my number change from the 1000's, but other than that, I don't notice my post count too much unless i'm looking at it.

Taking it out completely wouldn't make it fun at all though. I like having a post count.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Lynch View Post

Thanks, yeah it does, and I agree. Quality rather than quantity. I've been on other forums (not music), and members have racked up thousands of posts on game threads and one word replies.
Red Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Not sure why post count should matter anyway. If anything it makes those of us with a higher one look like we need to go outside and get a hobby.

I didn't know about the game threads thing, which is fine with me because I don't go into those much. I must be a talker then with my post count.
ILoveJimmyPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oh yeah! --- D'oh!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
no argument from me, but that wasn't the question. I was simply answering the user's question + giving a reason for why some threads/subforums posts do not count towards total post count.
Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote